Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

Default Re: G2: Louisiana v. Coastal Carolina (Saturday)

A wise man once said a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, two pictures 'bout says it all

Last edited by ZoomZoom; April 8th, 2017 at 04:54 pm. Reason: It happens to the best of 'em. I'm out, some elders may need to explain who the lady is

If we come out swinging again tomorrow and play solid defense we'll be fine.

DMo is one of the best all around kids to come through this program, probably ever. He's struggled this year at times, especially falling behind counts and walking guys. I hope he can figure it out, along with Nick Lee because if we want to have any hope at the post season, we will need both.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    3 run lead. Save Wyatt to come behind Harris tomorrow. DMO was the right call
    I think where we are right now we shouldn't be worrying over the next game until we win the one we're playing. JMO

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    DMo had a 2.18 era coming in. He had given up 5 runs all year in 15 appearances. And 1 HR. Besides the fact he's been the best closer this program has ever seen.BY FAR!

He gave up 4 today and another HR. The guy has been amazing for 2 1/2 years and had a bad game. Some of y'all need to have some perspective and chill with the overreaction. If any athlete in Cajun history deserves to have a bad outing without being crucified on this board it's Dylan Moore.
    I don't trust posters that make comments about the entire team on a loss like this (don't dislike them. just don't trust their posts). For those that criticize DMo's outing today. it deserves criticism. He tossed a stinker. It happens. I'm bummed for the loss. and the way the loss happened. I sure hope we can express our displeasure without "crucifying" a player. I will, however, read and think about those that have thoughts about what may have been a better decision. Every thread, win lose or draw, has "second guessing" the whole way through. Fans are professional second guessers. They're supposed to be. Many pay for that privilege. If no one goes over the line. second guessing is part of the relationship fans have to their teams of choice.

I hope we bounce back tomorrow. It will be tough. But I think we can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I think where we are right now we shouldn't be worrying over the next game until we win the one we're playing. JMO
    Bringing Dylan Moore in to pitch the 9th inning with a lead is the epitome of trying to win the one we are playing. He had a bad outing. That's it.

Not often a team has 5 more errors than you and still wins

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    I may agree with you if we had a one run lead, but with 3 I think it was the right call. And we weren't Trying to save just Wyatt for Sunday. We were playing to have both DMO and Wyatt available for Sunday. You have to trust your closer in that situation

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    A wise man once said a picture is worth a thousand words. Well, two pictures 'bout says it all
    I know that's Mama Cass. who supposedly choked to death on a ham sandwich. I'm digging for your metaphor. Is it that we choked on chicken (rooster) today?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I don't trust posters that make comments about the entire team on a loss like this (don't dislike them. just don't trust their posts). For those that criticize DMo's outing today. it deserves criticism. He tossed a stinker. It happens. I'm bummed for the loss. and the way the loss happened. I sure hope we can express our displeasure without "crucifying" a player. I will, however, read and think about those that have thoughts about what may have been a better decision. Every thread, win lose or draw, has "second guessing" the whole way through. Fans are professional second guessers. They're supposed to be. Many pay for that privilege. If no one goes over the line. second guessing is part of the relationship fans have to their teams of choice.

You make some good points here, but criticizing the decision to bring DMo in to pitch the ninth, or DMo as a pitcher absolutely shows the cluelessness of whomever does it.

It's pretty easy to tell by reading in game posts which posters have actually played the game at a high level. Some who have not have a good perspective on things even if they didn't. Others make fools of themselves and have no idea they're doing it.

Some of the same people who beat their chests and post about how great DMo is are the same ones who post that Marks should have stayed in.after the fact.

Personally, if we have a lead in the 9th tomorrow, I hope and pray that Dylan Moore is available and on the mound to close it out.

You make some good points here, but criticizing the decision to bring DMo in to pitch the ninth, or DMo as a pitcher absolutely shows the cluelessness of whomever does it.

It's pretty easy to tell by reading in game posts which posters have actually played the game at a high level. Some who have not have a good perspective on things even if they didn't. Others make fools of themselves and have no idea they're doing it.

Some of the same people who beat their chests and post about how great DMo is are the same ones who post that Marks should have stayed in.after the fact.

Personally, if we have a lead in the 9th tomorrow, I hope and pray that Dylan Moore is available and on the mound to close it out.
    I do too. It will be the right call. And I have no doubt he'll pitch well. And even if he doesn't see action tomorrow. we are going to call on him many more times from here on out.

This

Then you are a fool, and you haven't been paying attention this year. I don't care if he was an all-american last year. He damn sure isn't this year. You bring back Wyatt in the 9th to win the series. END OF STORY!

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post

Nice post and perspective. I guess that's what message boards have become. We all know what should have been done after the result is in. The problem is Robe and the coaches have to make decisions before the play and I trust those guys without question. Even in the little in game debate we had second guessing going on and that for me is fun. But not coming down on a kid like D Mo. anyway let's win tomorrow and all will be right in the world again. We are better than those guys

Quote Originally Posted by Localyokel View Post
    Then you are a fool, and you haven't been paying attention this year. I don't care if he was an all-american last year. He damn sure isn't this year. You bring back Wyatt in the 9th to win the series. END OF STORY!
    That would be pretty funny if you were wagging your figure in Tony's face right now and stating this exact post. It would be the beginning of another story.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 . LastLast

Thread Information