Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vermilion & White Game Saturday

1. UL Football Vermilion & White Game Saturday

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns football fans can take advantage of food, football and fun on Saturday (April 8) when the annual Red-White Scrimmage takes place at Cajun Field.

2. UL Football Injury free

Mark Hudspeth is hoping for a spring game without injuries.

Entering his seventh Red-White spring game as the football coach at Louisiana, Hudspeth is looking for his players to execute a clean game plan Saturday but more importantly do so without having anyone being carted off Cajun Field.

Default 2017 Ragin Cajun Spring Football Recap?

I can't find any information/highlights/or recap of the game.

Who stood out?
    What did the new offense look like?
    How's the defense?

Default Re: 2017 Ragin Cajun Spring Football Recap?

The game starts at noon

That's why. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    That's why. Thanks!
    Well, it's 3:00. Any updates?

Default Re: Vermilion & White Game Saturday

Listening to baseball, Walker stated Buckley said Hudspeth named Davis QB1, Ray 2

8. UL Football Advertiser Foote's impressions of UL spring game

Five first impressions of the 2017 Cajuns after Saturday's spring game.

It was one half of a spring game, so coming up with sweeping assessments of the 2017 UL Ragin' Cajuns football team is probably a waste of time.

But with that said, here are five quick impressions from Saturday's spring game:

1. Malone could be missing link

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    Five first impressions of the 2017 Cajuns after Saturday's spring game.

It was one half of a spring game, so coming up with sweeping assessments of the 2017 UL Ragin' Cajuns football team is probably a waste of time.

But with that said, here are five quick impressions from Saturday's spring game:

1. Malone could be missing link

Thanks for nothing. Did you pull that from past reports? Peoples and Green have been gone for a while now.

Default Re: Vermilion & White Game Saturday

I heard going in the offense would be vanilla so NOT to give any tips to the enemy. Defense has too many injuries, But I sure wish I could have been there!

Quote Originally Posted by Flcajun View Post
    Thanks for nothing. Did you pull that from past reports? Peoples and Green have been gone for a while now.
    I think that's his point. It's been awhile and we've still never found guys good enough to replace them.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I think that's his point. It's been awhile and we've still never found guys good enough to replace them.
    I'd disagree with guys not being good enough. Different than LG for sure, but plenty talented enough to be extremely successful if they were incorporated into the offense.

I would throw 10-15 times a game to the TE. Destroy the intermediate zone in the middle of the field. Drawing the safety up to bust the D over the top with the WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I'd disagree with guys not being good enough. Different than LG for sure, but plenty talented enough to be extremely successful if they were incorporated into the offense.

I would throw 10-15 times a game to the TE. Destroy the intermediate zone in the middle of the field. Drawing the safety up to bust the D over the top with the WRs.
    Good point. We've never really given anyone the opportunity to stand out.

14. Default Re: Vermilion & White Game Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post

If L.G. had not already made a name for himself prior to Hud's arrival, I doubt he would have been discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If L.G. had not already made a name for himself prior to Hud's arrival, I doubt he would have been discovered.
    I believe injuries are why we did not see TE throws yesterday. Otherwise, those who were not there may not realize the red team was basically the starters on both sides of the ball while the White team team was composed mainly of back ups. No wonder red dominated. I think that was decided so as to have Davis gain confidence going into the offseason. He did throw the ball very well and seemed to make quicker decisions than in the past. Receiving corps depth could be strength of team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information