Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread: BB G3: Louisiana v. Troy

1. UL Baseball Re: G3 Louisiana v. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    You could save yourself some headache by just not commenting on baseball threads. Time and time again you are way off base.
    I'm fine with my mistakes. This mistake is bottom line correct. We cannot have a regular season champ because of scheduling. You can laugh but that's correct.
    Additionally it wasn't presented as a fact, but a supposition.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Don't think that there's going to be a regular season champ when you have two divisions not playing everyone twice.
    Even with two divisions, there will be a #1 seed for the tourney. I think that qualifies (at least) as a regular season championship.

Default Re: G3 Louisiana v. Troy

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    Rank up to 99 this morning.
    Better than 111, but not better than 89 last Friday AM. Our team can only control our team. Unfortunately, some of our opponents are having a tougher time than us.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Even with two divisions, there will be a #1 seed for the tourney. I think that qualifies (at least) as a regular season championship.
    I'm an idiot

5. UL Baseball Re: G3 Louisiana v. Troy

That's interesting, suppose the two number one seeds have the same conference record. Who's the home team? Suppose those two teams didn't play each other. Who's the real number one seed? Who gets the best two seed, or more correctly 3rd seed?

You are correct, my bad. The divisional champs will be 1 & 2, even if the number 2 in one division has a better record than the number 1 in the other division.

"The 2017 Sun Belt Conference Baseball Championship will be seeded with the division winners as the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds, with the No. 1 seed being awarded to the divisional winner with the best conference winning percentage. Seeds No. 3- No. 10 will be selected based off winning percentage in conference play, regardless of division."

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That's interesting, suppose the two number one seeds have the same conference record. Who's the home team? Suppose those two teams didn't play each other. Who's the real number one seed? Who gets the best two seed, or more correctly 3rd seed?
    I'm sure they have tie breaking procedures in place.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5

Thread Information