Thread: Replacing running back McGuire: It takes a village

1. UL Football Replacing running back McGuire: It takes a village

They are losing their all-time leader in all-purpose yards, their all-time scoring leader, their main man in the backfield.

All rolled into one.

The Ragin’ Cajuns, however, don’t expect Elijah McGuire’s successor at running back to be any individual in particular.

2. Default Re: Replacing running back McGuire: It takes a village

A Village? More like a Cajun Nation.

3. Default Re: Replacing running back McGuire: It takes a village

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    A Village? More like a Cajun Nation.
    Got to say that Ragas along with the rest really looked good.very tough runners!!!

Default Re: Replacing running back McGuire: It takes a village

Went to watch practice and was really impressed with the wide receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun tom View Post
    Went to watch practice and was really impressed with the wide receivers.
    Hard to judge how good a receiver is at getting open when they are working against Cajun Defenders.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Hard to judge how good a receiver is at getting open when they are working against Cajun Defenders.
    It hasn't only been a poor gauge for many years now. it's also been a bad method of preparing our receivers for the season. I'm not sure if Hud has ever caught on to that. I certainly hope the improvement we saw in our defensive secondary last year can be improved upon this season. But God help our coaches if they're still so thick-headed that they actually like what they think they're coaching. because it looks good against the other side of the Cajun football coaching squad. I don't know how you cure that kind of coaching patheticness. but I'm hoping Hud took a long walk at some point at the close of last season and got exponentially humble. Maybe his friend, former QB turned OC, will recognize some deficiencies in preparation and can make a difference offensively. I sure wouldn't mind seeing an open Cajun WR or two this season. I might pass out from the shock. But it would really be cool if someone could teach our offense how to take advantage of knowing the play better than the defense that they're playing. that has no clue what the play is. And it would be exceptionally cool if we didn't get scared when our QB throws a few errant passes. Maybe not having Eli will keep us from running a RB into a wall and wasting downs. Maybe not having Eli will require us to become a dangerous offense. instead of putting a flashing red light on his helmet saying "this guy. this is the guy you must tackle. he's all we have".

Elijah Mitchell from Erath may end up playing more than all the guys on squad now. I am optimistic he will be able to contribute from Day one. We can still have a prophet on the team that way.

Ragas will kick AZZ He is a BEAST child If our O line can give him just a sliver of a hole//

Thread Information