Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

1. UL Basketball Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

We're always being told it's a money issue for the Big Fish.

Basketball

UL. 2,358,082

GA.ST. 2,261,334

U.A.L.R. 2,283,345

TX.ST. 1,824,046

U.S.A. 1,754,970

APP. 1,588,454

U.T.A. 1,549,654

stAte. 1,389,844

Ga.sou. 1,361,765

Troy. 1,355,678

ULM. 1,157,908

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Explain please.

Default 2015-2106 Equity in Athletics Spending in NCAA Sports

Https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/search

These are actually dollars spent in each sport for each institution. The report does not include any supplement funds spent, but actually dollars that is mandatory reporting. These are the numbers for MBB, I will post the football numbers later.

Men's Basketball

UL $2,358,082
    GA. ST. $2,261,334
    U.A.L.R. $2,283,345
    TX. ST. $1,824,046
    USA $1,754,970
    APP $1,588,454
    UTA $1,549,654
    State $1,389,844
    Ga.Sou $1,361,765
    Troy $1,355,678
    ULM $1,157,908

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Explain please.
    Gender Equity Report, I posted the link in another thread. Turbine, please combine the threads.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Explain please.
    We have the largest men's basketball budget in the Conference. While it is not enough, we are being beat by teams with significant financial disadvantages to our own. This is not acceptable.

Pretty surprised UTA's is that low.

7. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

buy,but they focus only on basketball

If these numbers are accurate Why does MAT keep _____ing about the financial disadvantages the basketball team has to deal with?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Gender Equity Report, I posted the link in another thread. Turbine, please combine the threads.
    Express is using the numbers to make a point completely different from gender equality. No reason to combine threads.

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    Express is using the numbers to make a point completely different from gender equality. No reason to combine threads.
    The numbers come from the Equity Report and the link provides opportunity for everyone to view it. I have no problem with his discussion.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    If these numbers are accurate Why does MAT keep _____ing about the financial disadvantages the basketball team has to deal with?
    Hey asshat, read the figures before you start bloviating. Btw, the ppl complaining here are comparing us to better G5 teams, not SBC teams. There is nothing in this list that surprises me, shouldn't surprise anyone else. We probably lead the SBC in attendance by a wide margin. There's most of your revenue.

Dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Hey asshat, read the figures before you start bloviating. Btw, the ppl complaining here are comparing us to better G5 teams, not SBC teams. There is nothing in this list that surprises me, shouldn't surprise anyone else. We probably lead the SBC in attendance by a wide margin. There's most of your revenue.

Dumbass
    WRONG! PEople are asking why Marlin can't consistently finish in top 3 of Sunbelt! Those are the teams listed who have a smaller budget than him.

But all of Marlin's money woes prevents him from finishing in top 3 in the conference. Funny how those teams he can't beat have more money problems than Cajun basketball does.

Nice 2nd grade name calling too. How old are you, junior? Asshat sounds like something you would hear on Southparknot something a grown ___ man would say. Doubt you are considered a grown ___ man by anyone who knows you anyway.

FYI.on CajunMike's poll I voted to retain the basketball coaching staff. Just don't agree with the excuses being thrown around.

How many of those teams have to pay rental and conversion costs to use their own arena like we do?

How much more does it cost to fly out of LFT than ATL?

My only point is that unless you've got costs listed too these numbers don't tell us much.

UL Basketball Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    How many of those teams have to pay rental and conversion costs to use their own arena like we do?

My only point is that unless you've got costs listed too these numbers don't tell us much.
    Those are dollars spent. They include all costs. Our operational costs (also found in the report) are about 200k more than GaSt. IIRC

Also, our operational costs are about 150k less than Little Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post

How much more does it cost to fly out of LFT than ATL?

I would be nice to get detailed information, but that is a dollar for dollar comparison. How we use the money is entirely our problem, it doesn't mean other programs don't have challenges of their own.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information