Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I think we went several years without playing LA Technical in any sport until they played us in football.
    That was also a Sun-Belt thing. They wanted separation and refused to play Sun-Belt schools in football. So the conference prevented scheduling other sports as well.

Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    I think we went several years without playing LA Technical in any sport until they played us in football.
    The football renewal with Tech was leveraged from discussions from within the UL-System Board. At one time, there was talk of requiring UL, Tech and ULM to play other system schools on a rotating basis to keep the money in the system because of budget cuts. That didn't fly, but an accord was brokered with Dan Reneau to play the Cajuns in football once again and we would play them in others sports to help alleviate travel cost expenses. They have a new President now and I'm not certain the Cajuns will be scheduled again anytime soon.

Football series with Tech may not be renewed soon. However I believe the plan is to continue to play in other sports.

Understand now. Thanks guys

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11

Thread Information