Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

1. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    100% false
    Don't "pay" to advertise your business then.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Don't "pay" to advertise your business then.
    What?

3. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    What?
    "Advertising paid and advertising earned are different.

Any kind of advertisings will help recruits attach to your brand."

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Post season earned and post season paid are very different As a business I could pay for an untold number of awards and accolades. The ones I need to earn are much more difficult.
    By the way, I think the contracts of both our basketball coaches call for some small bonuses with a minor tournament appearance. They both missed out on a few extra dollars by not participating in the CIT/WBIT. Although it is not a significant amount, it tells me they did have the health of their players in mind while making their decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    By the way, I think the contracts of both our basketball coaches call for some small bonuses with a minor tournament appearance. They both missed out on a few extra dollars by not participating in the CIT/WBIT. Although it is not a significant amount, it tells me they did have the health of their players in mind while making their decisions.
    Wonder if contracts for post season tournament were worded "appearance", "qualify" or "offered".

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Wonder if contracts for post season tournament were worded "appearance", "qualify" or "offered".
    I think the contract uses the word "appearance" but I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I wonder if CajunExpress is ever going to answer my question. At this late stage, I imagine not.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    I wonder if CajunExpress is ever going to answer my question. At this late stage, I imagine not.
    I believe other people, myself included, answered it in this thread. Marlin says he can't win more in conference because his program is underfunded, and has to support women's hoops. We are calling bs, as his budget is one of the largest in the conference, and both the subsidy to women and the operating costs for the program are about average for the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I believe other people, myself included, answered it in this thread. Marlin says he can't win more in conference because his program is underfunded, and has to support women's hoops. We are calling bs, as his budget is one of the largest in the conference, and both the subsidy to women and the operating costs for the program are about average for the conference.
    "Marlin says he can't win more in conference because his program is underfunded,"

Hang on a minute. He said this? When did he say this again?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    "Marlin says he can't win more in conference because his program is underfunded,"

Hang on a minute. He said this? When did he say this again?
    Popcorn anyone?

11. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    When did he say this again?
    Wait, you're saying he said it AGAIN?

I didn't hear it the first time.

I haven't read this thread, but I will say this.Bob has a veteran team coming in next year with lots of talented transfers and a freshman PG who will make an impact immediately. And the hype for next year is already YUGE. The schedule better consist of multiple quality teams. And anything less than 25 wins, regular season, and conference title is unacceptable. I expect a tournament berth and 1 win in the tourney. Anything less and my patience with Bob has run out. Are these massive expectations? Yes. But I'm tired of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Nothing against anyone else, but I didn't ask others for their opinions. CajunExpress started the thread, I want to know what he meant by it.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    Nothing against anyone else, but I didn't ask others for their opinions. CajunExpress started the thread, I want to know what he meant by it.
    Marlin should have done what the Stephen F. Austin coach did. He was making $300,000 at SFA, left for OK State for a $1M salary this year, to be renegotiated. Then, just signed a 6 year deal with Illinois who is paying OSU $3M to buy out his contract and paying Underwood $18M over 6 seasons. Talk about hitting the lotto. Marlin wasn't so fortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Marlin should have done what the Stephen F. Austin coach did. He was making $300,000 at SFA, left for OK State for a $1M salary this year, to be renegotiated. Then, just signed a 6 year deal with Illinois who is paying OSU $3M to buy out his contract and paying Underwood $18M over 6 seasons. Talk about hitting the lotto. Marlin wasn't so fortunate.
    Marlin wasn't so good. The SFA coach had one special player that he rode to success. Unlike Bob, he utilized his great player properly and won his conference multiple times, and won games in the NCAA tournament.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information