Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Broadhead went 20-11 this year. Is that good, great or mediocre?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I see four areas of coaching where they can be good or not.

a) Spotting talent.

b) Developing talent.

c) X & O's

d) Keeping the roux from burning.

Like any good coach Marlin has his strengths and weaknesses.

The X factor is that in any conference there are 2 handfuls of teams that can strike lightning in any given year. By any logic this would limit your championship years.

By the same token at some point you can reasonably expect it to be your year.
    11 times since 2000 the Sunbelt was won by either WKU or UL.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    He also won the CBI and made it to the Sun Belt championship. All the while coaching a program that has had less than 15 winning seasons in its history.

Comparing Gary to Marlin is not fair to either. Gary is building and exceeding expectations. Marlin is mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    He also won the CBI and made it to the Sun Belt championship. All the while coaching a program that has had less than 15 winning seasons in its history.

Comparing Gary to Marlin is not fair to either. Gary is building and exceeding expectations. Marlin is mediocre.
    Using your dad's standards how many wins against top 100 teams. They have worse scheduling than the men's, but we know your boy is Brad.

I have never defend Hud or Farmer, you were the one saying everything would come out. Well tells please.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Using your dad's standards how many wins against top 100 teams. They have worse scheduling than the men's, but we know your boy is Brad.

I have never defend Hud or Farmer, you were the one saying everything would come out. Well tells please.
    I don't care what the RPI says. He doesn't win enough plain and simple.

You know what Hudspeth did. The university deemed it not worthy to persue. Likely because the parents/player didn't push the issue. I will not put said player on blast here. But Hudspeth put his hands on a player. It was handled internally and that's that.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Actually, they averaged about 2942 for home attendance while the Cajuns averaged 3655.
    My numbers came from the NCAA website.

I for one really never followed the women that much. Last two years we've gone early to support them at games in the dome. They are definitely a work in progress. Hot and cold streaks that if the men did would be flash points on RP. Honestly liked watching Nekia Jones play. Loves it when she matches up and goes 1v1 on opponent's point guard. Usually the opposition underestimates her speed. Her stamina improved over the season. If she pulls off a GREAT summer workout program, she could be a dark horse POY material next season. Our RPI is 141. 3-4 on games over/under achieved according to RPI.

Losses to and RPI:
    Notre Dame 2
    USM 102
    Houston 175
    LR twice 47
    UTA twice 91
    Texas State 168
    Ga So 248
    Costal 257
    Troy 106

Wins:
    McNeese 280
    SEMS 267
    Xavier non D1
    SUNO non D1
    SLU 329
    Ruston 139
    stAte twice 317
    ULM three times331
    Ga St twice 260
    Ga So 248
    So Al 246
    Troy 106
    App 216
    Texas St twice 168
    LR 47

SBC women programs dropped 2 non d1 games this season. Should never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

When have I mentioned Brad on here? Brad would be a great asset to any college program once he decides to uproot his family and put in his dues. He won't go HS to UL and he knows that.

But keep on man, I'm stating fact and you are hurling insults. Facts 128-104 with at least 14 of those wins coming from NON-D1 teams. Nothing can change that record. He's had 3 roster turnovers so it is HIS program.

128-104 ain't good enough IMO. If he were 170-62 you wouldn't hear squat from me.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    The women play a weak schedule ooc, and have had trouble competing against the better teams in the conference. They are making some progress in the latter. Their win over Little Rock in the tournament shows that.

I would like to see better scheduling ooc, and Brodhead still has not found an effective rim protector or banger in the paint. ( think Van Dyke from UTA or Ramirez from Troy). He HAS recruited bigger guards lately, who are still athletic, and Jones is a sweet player who is a match up nightmare for our opponents. I am not sure about his recruiting class this year, but I do expect next year's team to be better than this year because of 3 quality Seniors in Fields, Jones and Swain, plus the freshmen from this year who played a lot.

To answer your question, I would consider the year mediocre with regard to my expectations for the program in general, but good in terms of making progress towards meeting them. We have more players who can compete at this level than we did before, and we beat a really good team (Little Rock) when it mattered. Those are good things.

I expect us to be considerably better next year, especially if he can find a quality big to help Fields inside, and if the Texas twins are as good as advertised.

128-104 ain't good enough IMO.
    We'd all be one happy family if it wasn't for that statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    We'd all be one happy family if it wasn't for that statistic.
    Have to agree with that. But the one thing I think we all can agree is that next year is THE sh%t or get off the pot year ..

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    My numbers came from the NCAA website.
    I got mine from the Tech web site.

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m.../teamcume.html

13. UL Basketball Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

128-104 ain't good enough IMO. If he were 170-62 you wouldn't hear squat from me.
    No joke.

Averaging 24 wins over 7 years would create a lot of cheerleaders.

Keep in mind his 18 win average includes the the recovery years of taking over a program in the doldrums, where the inmates were running the asylum.

18 also includes the survival of a mutiny reboot years.

Averaging 18 wins through all that over just 7 seasons is rather impressive.

jmo

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Have to agree with that. But the one thing I think we all can agree is that next year is THE sh%t or get off the pot year ..
    One or both coaches?

Both rightfully turned down a tournament

Been plenty of talk of one coach, but has both plateaued? Just askin'.
    Last edited by ZoomZoom; March 14th, 2017 at 12:08 pm. Reason: Edit after WBB press release

I wasn't comparing I was asking. You seem to be the authoritative figure as far as coaches go.

So for clarification, had Marlin won the CBI we would be ok with this season? He would not be considered mediocre because he won a post season tournament?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information