Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    UMass was a home and home in the Marty Fletcher days. We did not pay them and they did not pay us.
    Thanks Mike. I could not remember the money side of this deal.

2. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Middle Tennessee would not have gotten a bid without winning the CUSA tourney and they lost five games. Did any mid majors get at large bids this year? I think St. Mary's did but I have not checked the bracket in detail. Keep in mind that UTA soundly defeated St. Mary's on the road in pre conference play. An announcer during the Troy-Texas State game yesterday addressed this issue. He said that college basketball should not allow schools to buy games. His recommendation was that all non conference games should be part of home and home deals. That would help balance the RPI since so much of it is weighted towards schedule and TV schools do not go on the road against non TV schools. That has zero chance of happening of course.
    I know WKU got an at large bid the year we won the tournament. I cannot recall if UNO an at large the year they blew away the regular season. They probably won the tournament, but I don't remember

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I know WKU got an at large bid the year we won the tournament. I cannot recall if UNO an at large the year they blew away the regular season. They probably won the tournament, but I don't remember
    Year we won the tournament and WKU got an at large was in 1994 from what I recall. Different time. I don't think RPI was used as much then as the committee uses it now to select at large bids. I don't think they got in either in 2005, 2004, or 2000 which was the other years we won the tournament. They may have gotten in as an at large during the Robert Lee years. I do believe UNO got in as at large during the Tim Floyd years (over 20 years ago) when they lost only three games.

UL Basketball Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Really and what did that get them? The point is the same and again they play FCS football. They played in a tournament in Hawaii, I am pretty sure the one we were dis invited to. Who did they play out of conference that was better than Georgia, Minnesota, Texas Southern or UNO? Look what UTA's RPI got them, fact is both UTA and ISU are playing in the NIT, if that is what you want then be a LTU@Ruston fan.
    According to the Federal Government Report on Equity in Athletics, Illinois State's Men's Basketball budget in 2016 was $2.45 million, UL was $2.33 million. More, true, but by around 5%, barely significant. Their operating expenses were actually less than UL's.

As to the rest of your questions, They played no one better than Minnesota, but they DID play 3 top 100 teams to our 2, and 4 more 101-200, to our 2, only one non D-1 and even the bad teams they played were better than McNeese.

As to what it got them, how about an average home attendance of 5,200/game compared to our 3,800/game? [By the way, LTU averaged 3,855 blue tarps].

I want a successful program that plays a meaningful schedule and garners some measure of respect from both its own fans and from others who are less biased. I want a program that is always in the conversation about who is going to win whatever conference we are in; and which is considered as a dangerous matchup in the NCAA or NIT when we make it. We used to have that.

You are perfectly welcome to both expect less and to accept less.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I watched Illinois St play 4-5 times this year (betting purposes). They are a very talented, cohesive, well coached and balanced basketball team. They reminded me a lot of Butler. It is a crime that this team is not in he tourney and highlights exactly what I've been saying about the uphill battle that G5 basketball fights. Might be a little bit different this year, but go check out the RPI disparage between SBC and MVC basketball over the last decade.
    There is a large disparity, mostly because the MVC schools have played better OOC schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    According to the Federal Government Report on Equity in Athletics, Illinois State's Men's Basketball budget in 2016 was $2.45 million, UL was $2.33 million. More, true, but by around 5%, barely significant. Their operating expenses were actually less than UL's.

As to the rest of your questions, They played no one better than Minnesota, but they DID play 3 top 100 teams to our 2, and 4 more 101-200, to our 2, only one non D-1 and even the bad teams they played were better than McNeese.

As to what it got them, how about an average home attendance of 5,200/game compared to our 3,800/game? [By the way, LTU averaged 3,855 blue tarps].

I want a successful program that plays a meaningful schedule and garners some measure of respect from both its own fans and from others who are less biased. I want a program that is always in the conversation about who is going to win whatever conference we are in; and which is considered as a dangerous matchup in the NCAA or NIT when we make it. We used to have that.

And neither made the NCAA tournament so you welcome to keep _____ing about something that is not going to change. You are also welcome to keep blaming coach when our baseball coaches and our new AD says scheduling is a problem. But some how when other teams talk about it, they are still better than us and it is our coaches fault. You keep bringing up FCS schools but want to compare them to us, you keep bringing up non football playing schools and comparing them to us.

It is amazes me you are not a DI coach in baseball, basketball, football and track because you have the answers. I could probably throw softball in their too.

Also if you want to compare Lafayette to Ruston and why they out draw us, because there is nothing else to do in that ____hole. Unless you want to ____ a goat or date your sister. I am sure I lived there not being a tech at ruston fan, I might go to the game. Probably not,because I hate those bastards.

Actually, they averaged about 2942 for home attendance while the Cajuns averaged 3655.

There is a large disparity, mostly because the MVC schools have played better OOC schedules.
    I don't think it's just better OOC schedules but I think they have a smaller conference footprint with better historical rivalries. Additionally, basketball has always been bigger in the northern states, even when we were having consistently good seasons.

Also if you want to compare Lafayette to Ruston and why they out draw us, because there is nothing else to do in that ____hole. Unless you want to ____ a goat or date your sister. I am sure I lived there not being a tech at ruston fan, I might go to the game. Probably not,because I hate those bastards.
    You must take some time to breathe between post defending Marlin and getting your head out of his ___. Bobby Big Fish is a mediocre coach, in a mediocre league, with mediocre talent. We won't win the regular season title with him, ever.

It's ok though, we won 20 games with a ____ poor schedule. We were ready to play in a ____ poor pay to play tournament. But keep defending him. Seems to suit you well Mel.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    You must take some time to breathe between post defending Marlin and getting your head out of his ___. Bobby Big Fish is a mediocre coach, in a mediocre league, with mediocre talent. We won't win the regular season title with him, ever.

It's ok though, we won 20 games with a ____ poor schedule. We were ready to play in a ____ poor pay to play tournament. But keep defending him. Seems to suit you well Mel.
    So I was wondering when you would come defend your dad with some more lies. Nothing you say on here is creditable to me after your lies about donors to the baseball stadium last spring. But keep up the good work on saying something enough thinking people would believe it.

Between you and your reach around buddies, that love tech, it is like wrestling a pig in the mud, sooner or later you realize the pig loves the mud. So you 3 can waddle in your mud and ____, because that is where you belong.

So I was wondering when you would come defend your dad with some more lies. Nothing you say on here is creditable to me after your lies about donors to the baseball stadium last spring. But keep up the good work on saying something enough thinking people would believe it.

Between you and your reach around buddies, that love tech, it is like wrestling a pig in the mud, sooner or later you realize the pig loves the mud. So you 3 can waddle in your mud and ____, because that is where you belong.
    So I missed on the total donation withheld? It was $250k. Scott Farmer whiffed on securing the money and had to get a bridge loan and lied about it. It was delayed by over 8 weeks. Yep a bunch of lies.

Did that cost him his job? Along with a multitude of other missteps as AD, you bet your ugly ___ it did.

As far as Bobby Big Fish, he has had 3 total roster makeovers and still hasn't won the conference. Had one good run in the Sun Belt Tourny with a lottery pick and another NBA player. His total record here including non D1 games is 128-104 with ZERO regular season titles and 1 conference tourny title over 7 years.

Your golfing buddy ain't a good coach bro.

So I missed on the total donation withheld? It was $250k. Scott Farmer whiffed on securing the money and had to get a bridge loan and lied about it. It was delayed by over 8 weeks. Yep a bunch of lies.

Did that cost him his job? Along with a multitude of other missteps as AD, you bet your ugly ___ it did.

As far as Bobby Big Fish, he has had 3 total roster makeovers and still hasn't won the conference. Had one good run in the Sun Belt Tourny with a lottery pick and another NBA player. His total record here including non D1 games is 128-104 with ZERO regular season titles and 1 conference tourny title over 7 years.

So going from 2 million 250k is no big deal, so the donor pulled his gift because RCAF wasn't separated from UL Foundation? Whatever you have more lies in you than anyone else on the board. You want more how about your stupid thread about "baseball rumor". I am sure you would love going back to the days of Jesse Evans and players not making grades and getting arrested.

Oh by the way, how is that freedom of information search coming with Farmer applying for the ULM job. Or maybe you want to spill the beans on what Hud was going to get fired or the players leaving the football program. I know all of what happened but I am not the one that came on here claiming everyone would no soon enough.

I am done responding to your lies and stupid post, you can go waddle in your ____ hole some more and make some mud pies while worshiping la tech@ruston. Oh I ain't your bro, I have better taste than hanging out with you.

So going from 2 million 250k is no big deal, so the donor pulled his gift because RCAF wasn't separated from UL Foundation? Whatever you have more lies in you than anyone else on the board. You want more how about your stupid thread about "baseball rumor". I am sure you would love going back to the days of Jesse Evans and players not making grades and getting arrested.

Oh by the way, how is that freedom of information search coming with Farmer applying for the ULM job. Or maybe you want to spill the beans on what Hud was going to get fired or the players leaving the football program. I know all of what happened but I am not the one that came on here claiming everyone would no soon enough.

I am done responding to your lies and stupid post, you can go waddle in your ____ hole some more and make some mud pies while worshiping la tech@ruston. Oh I ain't your bro, I have better taste than hanging out with you.
    I give 2 ____s about La Tech. Other than they own us in football. Their record in basketball blows ours out of the water over the last 7 years.

I get it, you do t want to ruffle feathers since that's your boys. But at least I can be objective. Farmer was terrible, never once did I say it wouldn't be built. Marlin is mediocre his record speaks for itself.

Throw insults all you want. You defend Marlin, Farmer and Hudspeth all you want. One of those three has been canned. The other will be lucky to win 5 games.

Keep deflecting. View our program through your vermilion colored glasses. Defending mediocre to poor performances. I did state what Hudspeth did in a different thread.

All the while Broadhead is succeeding, Robe is succeeding and Lotief is succeeding.

15. Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

I see four areas of coaching where they can be good or not.

a) Spotting talent.

b) Developing talent.

c) X & O's

d) Keeping the roux from burning.

Like any good coach Marlin has his strengths and weaknesses.

The X factor is that in any conference there are 2 handfuls of teams that can strike lightning in any given year. By any logic this would limit your championship years.

By the same token at some point you can reasonably expect it to be your year.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information