Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: Bob's Not As Poor As Reported

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    You gain very little from a draw standpoint by paying someone like SFA to come to the Dome. RPI wise, you never know what you will get from any team you schedule. For example, SFA Lumberjacks were down this year after three great years. UNO was the SLC regular season and tournament champion (congratulations to a Privateer program that has overcome much) and we defeated them. 2nd best team in that league is Texas A&M Corpus Christi and they have more talent than the Sam Houston team we beat in the CIT last year. I would not be surprised to see us play the Islanders this year. Original point still stands in that we need to get more schools to play us home and home. If anyone else speaks to Dr. Maggard about basketball, please bring this topic up.
    I'm sure there is a good reason we arent doing a home and home with LSUBR. Any idea what it is?
    That would be a consistently great draw that would not cost hardly anything.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I'm sure there is a good reason we arent doing a home and home with LSUBR. Any idea what it is?
    That would be a consistently great draw that would not cost hardly anything.
    Because their high and mighty MBB program refuses to come to the CajunDome. That's the beginning and end of it.

I agree with Mike on the home and home deal, and I have been hammering on that even to the point of suggesting same year home and homes with programs like Tech and NMSU. Tulsa, SIU and Missouri State would be other good home and homes for us, as they are usually decent and not too far away.

Also, except for NMSU they are from conferences that are generally better than the Sun Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan96 View Post
    Mike,

BB seems to be in a rut. Baseball is currently outdrawing them. These lower/ mid major tournaments don't create much excitement!
    Yes, the team must do better than to create more interest. However this year's team was not expected to even have a winning season. Playing in a minor tournament is not a big deal but the additional games and practice are worth it to prepare for next season. Great that baseball is drawing so well. Their play in recent years has earned the support.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Because their high and mighty MBB program refuses to come to the CajunDome. That's the beginning and end of it.
    Johnny Jones did not even want to play us only in Baton Rouge. We offered to go there for a pay day and he declined. New coach may have a different view.

I think the scheduling is bad because coaches job security concerns. We need conference challenges to elevate some of the mid major conferences that do well in these matchups. If there is a better schedule, there's a more accurate way to evaluate how good a school's basketball team is. I don't think coaches should schedule games entirely. The AD needs to get involved for purposes of giving us better games.

How much did we pay umass to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    ESPN was deeply involved in setting up that gameso who knows

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point. So UL had the money to begin the Tigue Moore renovation construction on time? The president and many others weren't mislead by our former AD? The AD was not terminated? Cajun baseball season ticket holders were able to watch baseball at home in February? Construction will be completed before the season ends? What exactly are you saying?
    LMAO!!!

Z

Seems the Rustonains on barfs and bytes actuality sound a lot like us.escept NOBODY INVITED THEM.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt.rney-bid/page4

NIT.P5 schools are all hosting except for Ole Miss. If you are old enough to remember the early 80's, this is just more proof the landscape has changed. The NIT takes the non power regular season champs and backfills with P5s.

We can fuss and complain, but there's your proof. If you're not a power conference team, you best win your tournmanet. Win the regular season and yack the tournament, your prize is the NIT road game. Otherwise, CIT or CBI.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    UMass was a home and home in the Marty Fletcher days. We did not pay them and they did not pay us.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    I think the scheduling is bad because coaches job security concerns. We need conference challenges to elevate some of the mid major conferences that do well in these matchups. If there is a better schedule, there's a more accurate way to evaluate how good a school's basketball team is. I don't think coaches should schedule games entirely. The AD needs to get involved for purposes of giving us better games.
    Cali, go back and look at some of the earlier posts in this thread. Main issue we have is the reluctance of similar programs to play us home and home which may relate to your point about coaches having job security concerns. UNO was almost forced to play us by state boards and now their coach wants no part of us. He thinks losing to us can hurt his recruiting. Therefore you are right in that the AD needs to step in here. As far as the conference goes, we were 13th amongst all leagues this year. That is much higher than CUSA. We beat their second place team in La. Tech and Georgia State defeated their champion (MT) on the road. Middle Tennessee is actually ranked in some polls. This year's version of Sun Belt basketball was the best it has been in years, including when WKU was in the league. Had UTA won the tournament, they would have likely been seeded 12th. Troy got a low seed due to their overall season. I am not totally surprised they won the league tournament as they had been the hottest team late in the season. They got going that night the refs let them shoot 50 free throws against us and Coach Marlin was thrown out. I expect the Trojans to be tough again next season as their two best players return.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your point. So UL had the money to begin the Tigue Moore renovation construction on time? The president and many others weren't mislead by our former AD? The AD was not terminated? Cajun baseball season ticket holders were able to watch baseball at home in February? Construction will be completed before the season ends? What exactly are you saying?
    If you don't remember MAT on here running down everything UL, especially the new baseball facility, encouraging people to pull their donations and giving the impression that it was a complete disaster and would never be built. Then later about Hud never being able to keep his job after some scandal he cannot talk about. Running down SF, T-joe, Hud and almost everyone and everything else associated with UL, then maybe I just misunderstand the guy and for that I
    apologize. GEAUX CAJUNS

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    If you don't remember MAT on here running down everything UL, especially the new baseball facility, encouraging people to pull their donations and giving the impression that it was a complete disaster and would never be built. Then later about Hud never being able to keep his job after some scandal he cannot talk about. Running down SF, T-joe, Hud and almost everyone and everything else associated with UL, then maybe I just misunderstand the guy and for that I
    apologize. GEAUX CAJUNS
    You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

*FTR, I never said the stadium would not be built. I never ran down Pres Savoie (in fact, I'm the one that said Savoie's legacy here would be the savior of UL athletics). I am one of few NOT calling for Marlin's head.

Getting SF out of here was crucial to our advancement and bringing to light his many missteps, including his bungling of The Russo Park project is something I'll never apologize for. (Our new AD has been on the job a month and I think the difference is crystal clear).

As far as Hudspeth goes, I was one of many that had this opinion. The issue that happened (not a rumor, in fact, took place) has essentially become a 'he-said he-said', and with little evidence to back up more sinister claims, I have softened on my opinion. New information breeds evolving thought. So for the keyboard cowboys that want to question my "intellect", there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Other than 3 for 1 to open up an arena (brokebacks reopened Burton), LSU doesn't play state schools other than rarely and then, only in Baton Rouge. Home and home, NEVER will happen with LSU in basketball. Basketball more than any sport home court is an advantage. LSU won't risk it.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information