Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs. Little Rock

1. UL Basketball Louisiana vs. Little Rock

The Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns men's basketball team opens play in the Sun Belt Conference Tournament on Wednesday when it faces defending regular-season and tournament champion Little Rock at Lakefront Arena.

Default Re: Preview: Louisiana vs. Little Rock

Anybody else plan on being there?

3. Default Re: Preview: Louisiana vs. Little Rock

Game day

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Anybody else plan on being there?
    I will be there. It is easier for me than most of you as I work on the northshore during the week at this time.

Yes, I will be there, leaving at 11.

Friday . get this one guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I will be there. It is easier for me than most of you as I work on the northshore during the week at this time.
    I'm on the northshore as well. I have enjoyed this tournament being at lakefront the past few years.

8. UL Basketball Re: Preview: Louisiana vs. Little Rock

Watching ULMOST and stAte. It occurred to me that the second chance tournament should be abolished. This would create a crucible forcing the coaches to actually try to win the conference and upgrade their RPI. it would also create a better chance for a victory in the big dance. Presumably the regular season champs will have better seeding.

The conference cannot make money on these games as most games don't draw five hundred paying fans. The only purpose is to provide a life ring to coaches refusing to up their games and OOC opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Watching ULMOST and stAte. It occurred to me that the second chance tournament should be abolished. This would create a crucible forcing the coaches to actually try to win the conference and upgrade their RPI. it would also create a better chance for a victory in the big dance. Presumably the regular season champs will have better seeding.

The conference cannot make money on these games as most games don't draw five hundred paying fans. The only purpose is to provide a life ring to coaches refusing to up their games and OOC opponents.
    It's gotta go, attendance is abysmal. At least let conference winner get the auto and tourney winner get the nit or something!

UL Basketball Re: Preview: Louisiana vs. Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Ragincajun07 View Post
    It's gotta go, attendance is abysmal. At least let conference winner get the auto and tourney winner get the nit or something!
    NIT only issues autobids to regular season conference champs. NCAA autobids go to whoever the conference declares as champion. Currently every autobid conference except the Ivy League gives the bid to the tournament champ. Ivy League does not hold a tournament, unless they just changed.

NM

Well ULM ( 12 seed) is about to knock out Arkansas State (5 seed) in overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    First rule of March, there is always a 12-5 upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    done: 73-70 ulm

12 seed ULM won 2 conference games all year (vs the eventual 10 and 11 seeds). That's a pretty bad loss for State

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information