Thread: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

1. Ragin' Cajuns Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

The 15th-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball team is set to go back on the road Tuesday as the squad heads to Turchin Stadium to face Tulane in a 6:30 p.m. midweek contest.

Homes SO Clean

2. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

Default Re: Louisiana Heads To Tulane For Midweek Matchup

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    That would stink if that game gets rained out and we didn't use Hogan Sunday. Would have made a difference in the outcome, IMHO. But I do like Hogan pitching in these upcoming mid-weeks vs. La Tech and Houston as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    That would stink if that game gets rained out and we didn't use Hogan Sunday. Would have made a difference in the outcome, IMHO. But I do like Hogan pitching in these upcoming mid-weeks vs. La Tech and Houston as well.
    I agree. That let's him face Tulane (2), LaTech, LSU, McNeese, Texas, and Houston midweek. You might argue he would have the tougher schedule of teams to face than any of the weekend starters.

I feel it is time to pull Guillory from the Sunday spot. I would say put Wyatt there, but he's been great out of the pen, and idk if I would want to mess that up. But Guillory has just not been good so far this year. He started out ok yesterday, but ended up falling off.

I was thinking they could look at pushing this game back to Wednesday, but Tulane plays a weird Thursday, Saturday (DH) series with San Diego. so they might not want to play Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    I feel it is time to pull Guillory from the Sunday spot. I would say put Wyatt there, but he's been great out of the pen, and idk if I would want to mess that up. But Guillory has just not been good so far this year. He started out ok yesterday, but ended up falling off.
    First, Tony said in the post game that the error in the previous inning by Pinero leaving the bag too early led to him throwing another 29 pitches that he shouldn't have had to throw that inning.

Then I'm still not sure what happened when the runner walked from first to second but the hitter was brought back to the plate to hit again. I know there was a bunch of crowd reaction, so I thought it was called a balk but I don't see it anywhere in the box score so I'm still confused about that play. Maybe someone has a better explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    First, Tony said in the post game that the error in the previous inning by Pinero leaving the bag too early led to him throwing another 29 pitches that he shouldn't have had to throw that inning.

Then I'm still not sure what happened when the runner walked from first to second but the hitter was brought back to the plate to hit again. I know there was a bunch of crowd reaction, so I thought it was called a balk but I don't see it anywhere in the box score so I'm still confused about that play. Maybe someone has a better explanation.
    3rd base umpire stopped the pitch and called a balk.

Schmitt being out is changing the direction of this pen. I would start Hogan and let him go 30-40 pitches and bring him back Sunday to start obv on a strict pitch count. Let guillorry handle the midweek duties and put Schmitt in the pen once he's cleared working himself back up to where he was before the injury. If I had to guess he will not be at that point till after the halfway point setting us up for 4 possibly 5 starters for the postseason. At that point it's about matchups. Just my thoughts

Thread Information