Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Nothing I can say will fix the vulnerabilities of Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop.

Chrome has said they will issue a fix in January.

Their fix will involve blocking their own (automated system) Google ads that cause the problem. (certain ones)

In the mean time I am working to comply (getting files ready) with their current solution which puts 100% of the onus on the site publisher.

If I wasn't worried about preserving posts back to 2002, we would be done already.
    Thank you for the reply Turbine, I understand, and I know you are trying your best. I, like many are just concerned about the site, it's a very valuable asset to the Ragin Cajun family. It's the go to place, and you have nurtured it well.

Nothing I can say will fix the vulnerabilities of Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop.

Their fix will involve blocking their own (automated system) Google ads that cause the problem. (certain ones)

In the mean time I am working to comply (getting files ready) with their current solution which puts 100% of the onus on the site publisher.

If I wasn't worried about preserving posts back to 2002, we would be done already.
    Could you create a separate archive for the older posts?

3. Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Honey...no.
    Hawk = a better RP
    No Hawk = an existence I'm not willing to accept

4. Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I was using Google Chrome and I couldn't get on. Went back to IE only for RP and Chrome for the rest of my exploring.
    French man, not necessarily directed at your post, but this is a point of contention with browser sticklers.

If you guys are really concerned about privacy, info protection, OPSEC, etc; I'd suggest sticking to the updated firefox. There are lists of allowable sites in the settings that make it easy to control. Also, if you use safari like me, even better. Also very easy to toggle "warning issued" sites.

As far as anything google, IE, or whatever.. I'd steer clear at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Could you create a separate archive for the older posts?
    Or a separate website...RP Classic.

Default Re: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

At first, Google Chrome wouldn't let me load RP, so I started using Internet Explorer.

A few weeks ago, I could no longer access the the site with Internet Explorer.

Now Safari is the only way I can access Ragin Pagin.

Turbine, I know you are a historian. However, I must ask what is the benefit of maintaining posts from 15 years ago?

Default Re: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

NM

9. Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Turbine, I know you are a historian. However, I must ask what is the benefit of maintaining posts from 15 years ago?
    They are "posts" but the majority of the first few thousand represent data from over 1000 hours of pure research.

1st thread: https://forumeus.com/showthread.php?1

1st post: https://forumeus.com/...-com&p=1#post1

10. Default Please T Bine

Hey, what is the latest to get RP fixed? These typing areas are so much smaller than my piano.... Why won't the thing work on the desktops??? Seriously what is the plan???

Default Re: Please T Bine

I use RP on my desktop every single day.

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    I use RP on my desktop every single day.
    Me too.

3x a day!

14. Default Re: Please T Bine

Am I alone?

Nope.....

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information