Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome Issued Flaw

Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

I'm sure a lot of people are either scared or don't know how to go around the security block. Only happens when I try to access from a computer- never happens on mobile devices

A while back someone suggested a google chrome tweak that worked great for me on computer. But my galaxy android is a total different story, cant post on it.

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I'm sure a lot of people are either scared or don't know how to go around the security block. Only happens when I try to access from a computer- never happens on mobile devices
    I am having same problem, no tower computer only IPad usage

Geaux Cajuns

4. Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    I am having same problem, no tower computer only IPad usage

Geaux Cajuns
    ......Same deal.....what can we do....This is limiting my posting to the detriment of the board (lol) ......any young Alumns that can help the situation???

Strange. And some of us have no issues whatsoever. I've never had an issue with my phone(except in Europe), I Pad, work or home computer.

I have no issues. It is like warning labels on some things, maybe we need to remove them and just let some people die.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Turbine, we have to figure out this problem. Traffic is almost non existent and it's because of this "warning" or block that's occurring. Do you need some extra funding to fix this issue? If so, let's get this going. I'll make the first pledge.

Whatever we need to do, we need to get this site jumping again. Traffic = exposure = good for program.
    You are right that it is hurting as it kept me from really trying to get on for a few months. As it is, I'm chancing it I guess by still entering although it claims the site is a high alert for "phishing". Having said that, my frustration with the entire sports program at UL has kept me away as well. I mentioned it yesterday that I just have a certain level of frustration with the sports that I support and follow the most (football,basketball) and I think others feel the same way as well.

My wife's computer won't even let me on RaginPagin. I suspect that these two issues may not be related, though. She may be on to me.

I was using Google Chrome and I couldn't get on. Went back to IE only for RP and Chrome for the rest of my exploring.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Turbine, we have to figure out this problem. Traffic is almost non existent and it's because of this "warning" or block that's occurring. Do you need some extra funding to fix this issue? If so, let's get this going. I'll make the first pledge.

Whatever we need to do, we need to get this site jumping again. Traffic = exposure = good for program.
    This is wrong...I have always been told I'm the reason RP sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    I'm the reason RP sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchie35 View Post
    I was using Google Chrome and I couldn't get on. Went back to IE only for RP and Chrome for the rest of my exploring.
    That is the process I use to access the site. Also, my company also recently banned the site. More outfits may be doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Honey...no.

Traffic does seem to be way down. It really needs to be fixed. Turbine, why the silence? It doesn't help that there is a lot less excitement for the upcoming football season, but that warning is the biggest reason, imo.

15. Default Re: RP block is killing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    Traffic does seem to be way down. It really needs to be fixed. Turbine, why the silence? It doesn't help that there is a lot less excitement for the upcoming football season, but that warning is the biggest reason, imo.
    Nothing I can say will fix the vulnerabilities of Chrome, Firefox and Safari desktop.

Chrome has said they will issue a fix in January.

Their fix will involve blocking their own (automated system) Google ads that cause the problem. (certain ones)

In the mean time I am working to comply (getting files ready) with their current solution which puts 100% of the onus on the site publisher.

If I wasn't worried about preserving posts back to 2002, we would be done already.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information