Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Louisiana vs Texas State

Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

This team has had some hard fraught wins this year. TXST must hate playing us in basically everything.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Louisiana 94
    Texas St 84
    FINAL/OT
    Sorry, had the teams listed backwards all night.

Texas St 84
    Louisiana 94
    FINAL/OT

This team has no quit

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    Jay Wright has been a one man wrecking crew in the final couple of minutes. OT here we come.
    I think Jay W. had it right when he said Jay Wright willed the Cajuns to victory. Hopefully we can follow it up with a win vs. UTA.

Jay Wright was clutch as hell.
    17 points in 4 minutes, wow

I turned it off bc I felt like a jinx. Anyway to re watch it?

I swear each time I turned it on txst went on a run

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

Happy as hell for Jay Wright. Showed a lot of emotion down the stretch and in OT. It fired the crowd and his team up. Those 3s were big time shots.

Game was over when Texas State's hot hand fouled out. Jay Wright put the team on his back and finished them off.

Side note, walking up to the dome for the men's game, heard the victory bell for the women. Louder than I expected.

9. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Game was over when Texas State's hot hand fouled out. Jay Wright put the team on his back and finished them off.

Side note, walking up to the dome for the men's game, heard the victory bell for the women. Louder than I expected.
    ----Been watching for a number (big number) of years----I have seen the great ones, but never have I seen a player take over a game like this----playing his butt off on defense and then the long distance 3s and the contortions of in air drives---after the overtime win was evident Marlin took him out to a big ovation and he did the fad deal of showing the front of his shirt stretched out-----on Jay Walker's after game, it was mentioned about Wright's remark in the dressing room post game---"It's March"----just WOW!!!

Jay may not always play well, but there is no doubt he plays hard every second he is on the court. I mentioned to someone today that his motor reminds me of Russell Westbrook (obviously does not have skill of one of best players of NBA). I make that comment and couple of hours later he goes out and has one of the best four minutes of any Cajun in history. He simply would not let his team lose. Jay Walker says it was one of the best late game performances he has ever seen from a cajun in all of his years of calling cajun games- Top 10 performance. Hopefully there are a good number of folks that show up to demonstrate appreciation for his three years of tremendous effort come Saturday night. It will be the last time one of the great competitors to wear the Cajun uniform will play at the Dome.

11. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    Sorry, had the teams listed backwards all night.

Texas St 84
    Louisiana 94
    FINAL/OT
    Doesn't matter, Louisiana came out on top.

12. Default Re: Louisiana vs Texas State

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    This team has had some hard fraught wins this year. TXST must hate playing us in basically everything.
    I don't know if the use of fraught was Freudian or not, but I love it. Perfect description for a hard fought game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I don't know if the use of fraught was Freudian or not, but I love it. Perfect description for a hard fought game.
    Haha. Didn't notice. I'll go with.yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Happy as hell for Jay Wright. Showed a lot of emotion down the stretch and in OT. It fired the crowd and his team up. Those 3s were big time shots.
    I am honored to have that guy put it all out on the Court for the Vermilion and White.

While discussing before the game our plans for the weekend of Cajun sports I said without a doubt I'm going to baseball Friday night and basketball Saturday night. I can not miss Jay Wright's Senior Night. I am happy as hell to have been in attendance last night to see one of the best performances by a Cajun player.

Those final 3 minutes and overtime were spectacular to witness. That being said sounds like I'm doing Baseball Friday, Saturday and Sunday and basketball Saturday. Gonna miss out on Softball this weekend too much stuff for 3 days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information