Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cajuns Come Away With Extra Innings Win At Northwestern State

1. UL Baseball Cajuns Come Away With Extra Innings Win At Northwestern State

After seeing a four-run lead disappear late in the game, the 16th-ranked Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns baseball team rallied with a three-run 12th inning to defeat Northwestern State 8-6 in extra innings on Tuesday night at Brown-Stroud Field.

2. UL Baseball Re: Cajuns Comes Away With Extra Innings Win At Northwestern State

I'd like one game to be a blowout. Too much stress. We're cruising to a nice comfortable win and our All-American has an awful night.

Of course the important thing is they won.

3. Default Re: Cajuns Comes Away With Extra Innings Win At Northwestern State

I think the key, is that the bats are starting to show up. I think that once they do, we will see more comfortable wins.

Default Re: Cajuns Comes Away With Extra Innings Win At Northwestern State

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I'd like one game to be a blowout. Too much stress. We're cruising to a nice comfortable win and our All-American has an awful night.

""You can't fly a kite without turbulence."

- Robe

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

This past Saturday was the closest thing to a blowout. Something's going on with D-Mo. Either he has an injury or something is in his head. Or, I wonder if the scouting report on him is more well known so batters know what to expect.

Cajunjeb is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I think the key, is that the bats are starting to show up. I think that once they do, we will see more comfortable wins.
    Dave, I actually think the bats are there. It's just getting the crucial hits when you have runners in scoring position.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    This past Saturday was the closest thing to a blowout. Something's going on with D-Mo. Either he has an injury or something is in his head. Or, I wonder if the scouting report on him is more well known so batters know what to expect.
    I think D-Mo will be fine. I can give him a pass at Southeastern because, according to coach, once the rains started, he couldn't grip his breaking ball or slider. Ump was trying to finish the game since Cajuns had a two run lead and needed just 3 outs. Didn't work out that way.

Last night - I can't explain except Lee started the loss of momentum in the 8th (failed set-up attempt) and according to the broadcast, sounded like Blue was squeezing the zone. Dan and Jeff constantly asking, "where did that miss?"

We will see, but I remain confident in D-Mo. Lee. not so much.

Sounded like D-Mo was not getting several strike calls last night so he had to pitch more onto the plate. I also noticed in the televised game Friday he was looking and fiddling with one of his fingers on his throwing hand like there may have been a blister or some other kind of aggravation. Whatever it is, he needs to get back to the dominating D-Mo we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunjeb View Post
    I think he was pretty good on Friday night against SHSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Sounded like D-Mo was not getting several strike calls last night so he had to pitch more onto the plate. I also noticed in the televised game Friday he was looking and fiddling with one of his fingers on his throwing hand like there may have been a blister or some other kind of aggravation. Whatever it is, he needs to get back to the dominating D-Mo we know and love.
    He was squeezed at times, including the pitch right before the big hit that got him removed. But he was also over throwing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    There were a numbers hit well last night that won't show up in the box score. There was a 20 miles an hour cross wind last night and I counted at four hits that were leaving the park and that's not including Lott's double that the wind pulled down before going over the wall.

The giant in CF was snapping last night, blowing in and to LF.

Didn't D-Mo struggle some towards the end of last year? Dude was still amazing just not his super human self.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Didn't D-Mo struggle some towards the end of last year? Dude was still amazing just not his super human self.
    I think it was more the beginning. That Texas Tech game in Houston comes to mind. but errors played a role in that.

DMo will find his groove. Not worried about our Ace closer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information