Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Louisiana at Coastal Carolina

Default Re: Louisiana at Coastal Carolina

Cajuns win!!
    79-77

Wow!
    What a win. Any win on the road is a good win!
    How wrong I was, Coastal only had 28 points in the paint.
    Way to go Cajuns!

That's a nice win!

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Do you have video?
    Are you watching via cbsallaccess?
    Yes, I streamed it. Saw the last missed layup.live and in HD!😂😅😐😕😶

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    Bartley converts 2 free throws!
    17 secs to go
    Bartley deserves lots of credit for those two as he had struggled from the line all day. He had just missed a one in one a little earlier. Yet, when the pressure was the greatest he came through unlike the Coastal Carolina guy who did not look confident at the end. Even though I appreciate the win I do feel for young men in those situations as that has to eat at them for a few days. I know that is three in a row and it looks like we may have ended the slump. However, Coach Marlin often says things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem. Things are definitely not all peachy for the Cajuns team yet. I say that due to the fact missed free throws by our opponents in the last two road games were a big factor in the outcome. That indicates we have had a little luck which contributed to the result almost as much as the Cajuns play. That is not to say our guys don't deserve credit for making enough plays to win the game and keeping poise at crunch time For example Stove had two old fashioned three point plays and made a conventional three in the second half to keep the team in the lead. I am sure he hated not being in there at the end due to fouling out. By the way, today's win matches my pre-season prediction of 17 wins. I realize that the pre-conference schedule was a little weaker than expected which has affected the win total.

Nice to see them hold on and win a close one.

7. Default Re: Louisiana at Coastal Carolina

Cajuns beating Coastal's Ellis is a big time win. He's got eight hundred plus career wins

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Cajuns beating Coastal's Ellis is a big time win. He's got eight hundred plus career wins
    Yes Coastal Carolina win on road is very encouraging as they are a well coached team. In fact this was one of most satisfying wins of year. When Coastal took the lead, our guys never panicked and kept their poise. Doing the right thing is only part the battle. They also executed at crunch time. Now the question is if they can keep it going one more time on road come Monday night.

They had lost only one conference game at home (Texas St. by 2 pts.) until the Cajuns made it two!
    They beat everyone else including UTA who is the conference leader with only 3 losses.
    We are 7-8 in conference and in 8th place; one game behind Troy.

10. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana at Coastal Carolina

But Mike you know I hope Marlin fails.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    But Mike you know I hope Marlin fails.
    I don't think many people believe that. Neither you or I had confidence they could get three more after the Georgia trip and now they have. Playing more of the bench has helped and they have responded. Even Stalcup hit a mid range shot today. Of course at this stage it is not all on the coach. Players have to take responsibility for executing the system. If they are not able to do so it is a recruiting issue. Staff can't do much about that until spring signing period. Appears they addressed some of that by bringing in transfers in summer and a highly regarded freshman in the early signing period.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information