Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Nicholls 3

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.
    This is a bigger fish than you think. Media rights should be a revenue stream. How big it is just depends on the market. Extreme case: University of Texas with a value over $150 mil . Yes $150 MILLION

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    This is a bigger fish than you think. Media rights should be a revenue stream. How big it is just depends on the market. Extreme case: University of Texas with a value over $150 mil . Yes $150 MILLION
    I fully agree. However, the Longhorn Network won't be the same in a few years. It's bleeding the mother ship big time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I fully agree. However, the Longhorn Network won't be the same in a few years. It's bleeding the mother ship big time.
    Like I said, that is an extreme case. Its a revenue stream that will be producing money sooner than we think. I would hope that there is a contract in place before football next year. How much money it will make is to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Mike, JT has almost unilateral control of his recruits and his system. It's been like that here for a long time. Of course it's Tony's team, I'm just adding perspective.

You'll always get some level of coach speak from any coach, but it's fair to say Robe has always been consistently transparent. Whether what we're hearing is coach speak or not right now, I understand the need to tread lightly. I've said it a million times, and not patronizing anyone, but this game is a mind fock.
    Blaming everything on Talbot is disingenuous. It's passing the buck. It's Robe's team. Just like it was Hud's team. If Robe is being transparent, then why not say in the post game."we suck at hitting the ball and we will work on it."? He didn't say that. He didn't even come close to saying that. Coaches normally go this route.when they don't know how to fix the problem.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Blaming everything on Talbot is disingenuous. It's passing the buck. It's Robe's team. Just like it was Hud's team. If Robe is being transparent, then why not say in the post game."we suck at hitting the ball and we will work on it."? He didn't say that. He didn't even come close to saying that. Coaches normally go this route.when they don't know how to fix the problem.
    That's what I meant by "troubling post game interview". By not addressing it, it tells me the team is fragile at this stage. That's the scariest thing to me.

Robe will never blame anyone but himself in public, he will address the issues in private the way they should be.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunfan79 View Post
    Robe will never blame anyone but himself in public, he will address the issues in private the way they should be.
    Not true. He publicly blasted the offense last year, a couple times. Frustration and all.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Quote Originally Posted by Fais do-do View Post
    Good Lord, everytime we upgrade something, everything falls apart!

Football stadium/APC = losing season
    Cajundome = do not speak of it
    Moore field = questionable start

Build it and they will come. Build it and they will fail.
    Again and again Cajun softball rewards it's fans better than any other sport. Lamson upgraded and the team went to the WCWS. Maybe the new batting facility will be the tripwire.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Again and again Cajun softball rewards it's fans better than any other sport. Lamson upgraded and the team went to the WCWS. Maybe the new batting facility will be the tripwire.
    The hardest part about softball is the game times you almost have to be retired to attend a good portion of the games. Other than that top notch in almost every way.

If u want a postgame interview from someone who is a competitor like Robe, sometimes u get what u got last night. If you would of put a microphone in front of my face after the game last night .u wouldn't of liked what I had to say either. He knows how to fix it, he will fix it, he always does. He is ten times harder on his pitchers than his position players. He will alway seek out the minor mistakes his pitchers make bc that's his baby. And in the end, what he said was true

It's 2/22/2017!!!! I understand we are cold as all hell at the plate but you all need to chill out. This team will settle down and I am confident come April/May/June.we will be a well oiled machine.

It's ____ing February and you all are crying like some 5th graders!

The team simply needs to provide a top-3-in-the-conference type offense, and it will, for them to be successful. Robe knows that. I've already forgotten his post-game comments.

Robe giving a good interview right now. ESPN 1420 twitter providing comments. Bab's interview with Billy today was good too.

Thank you

“It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”

― Yogi Berra

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information