Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Nicholls 3

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

All of these guys were good hitters in high school. How can 20 good hitters be in such a slump? One or two guys I can understand but we seldom even get good at bats. Too many strike outs. Very little hitting, atrocious baserunning and very little pressure on opposing pitchers. Hard to fathom how every one can be in such a terrible funk. It will change but man it is tough when all the excitement for the season gets sucked away in early season bad offensive baseball. 6 runs in 4 games with over 40 strike outs? Come on man!

I don't get it either b man. I sat at the game at SLU Saturday and watched the Murray State pitcher get calls 5 inches outside for 6 innings and we never adjusted.

I found a program to defy the statement that juco guys take a step back bf they move foreward tonight. The UNO privateer hitters didn't look like they were going backwards

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Last one. Come on guys. It's a hard game, but you are making it look really, really difficult.

With the new facial recognition software coming about this kid will never live this downbut help me out here because I still can't figure out which one he is in our lineupthe swing just looks to similar to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    With the new facial recognition software coming about this kid will never live this downbut help me out here because I still can't figure out which one he is in our lineupthe swing just looks to similar to all of them.
    It's actually a computer generated compilation of the entire team.

He'll be fine when we fix his double chicken wing front arm bar bat wrap.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Don't bring ya'lls weak ___ ____e to the Southland.
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Houston Baptist 3 Houston 2
    SFA in extras vs Texas AM

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Don't worry. We are picked to finish 7th in the Southland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Big Shot View Post
    McNeese 32 ULM 4
    UNO 11 LSU 8
    Southeastern 8 Tulane 5
    Play with yourself often?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunStros View Post
    Jay still polishing this turd as best as he can.
    I may have just been kind of aggravated about the Cajuns' performance tonight but all game I kept thinking to myself that I absolutely CANNOT wait for Jon Moon Walker to retire (or be replaced) as the voice of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.

His arrogance and know it all attitude has become completely unbearable to listen to throughout a game! I can admit that this is highlighted when the Cajuns play as poorly as they did tonight.

I have been able to avoid listening to him on sports talk radio since 103.7 has made 1420 absolutely irrelevant as in Lafayette sports talk radio but I have no other option on nights like tonight when I want to follow a Cajun baseball/basketball game.

I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    Murray State - 13
    Hofstra - 9
    Southeastern - ?
    Nichols - 10
    Holy Balls. that's bad enough missing a game I know we struck out a lot in. That's depressing

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    I may have just been kind of aggravated about the Cajuns' performance tonight but all game I kept thinking to myself that I absolutely CANNOT wait for Jon Moon Walker to retire (or be replaced) as the voice of Ragin' Cajuns athletics.

His arrogance and know it all attitude has become completely unbearable to listen to throughout a game! I can admit that this is highlighted when the Cajuns play as poorly as they did tonight.

I have been able to avoid listening to him on sports talk radio since 103.7 has made 1420 absolutely irrelevant as in Lafayette sports talk radio but I have no other option on nights like tonight when I want to follow a Cajun baseball/basketball game.

I know that Dr. Maggard has much bigger fish to fry but I really do hope that he takes a loooong look into 1420 and their "flagship" status MUCH sooner rather than later.
    I've listened to a lot of baseball broadcasts in my lifetime. Pro, minor, college, high school, etc.

Regardless of your qualms with his opinions or attitude or whatever, when Jay decides to hang it up, we will be losing a very good baseball announcer and a knowledgeable baseball man. We've disagreed on things over the years, but I've always appreciated and looked forward to him calling our games. IMO, he's one of the best out there.

At some point, you have to understand, Jay is going to lay cover fire for the team. There are expectations and excitement like never before around Cajun baseball, and the team is taking heat right now. Jay is defending his own. I find myself having to do the same right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    That was a very troubling post game interview
    Sounds like."we need to score more early" or "we need more turnovers early." Let's not put Robe above reproach. This is his team.

Ulmost.32 runs given up in their home opener.well, that doesn't make me feel better about our situation. But that's some funny stuff.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Sounds like."we need to score more early" or "we need more turnovers early." Let's not put Robe above reproach. This is his team.
    Mike, JT has almost unilateral control of his recruits and his system. It's been like that here for a long time. Of course it's Tony's team, I'm just adding perspective.

You'll always get some level of coach speak from any coach, but it's fair to say Robe has always been consistently transparent. Whether what we're hearing is coach speak or not right now, I understand the need to tread lightly. I've said it a million times, and not patronizing anyone, but this game is a mind fock.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Good Lord, everytime we upgrade something, everything falls apart!

Football stadium/APC = losing season
    Cajundome = do not speak of it
    Moore field = questionable start

Build it and they will come. Build it and they will fail.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information