Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Nicholls 3

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Way to many Ks

2. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

I know you guys don't want to hear his right now but this is mental. Very obvious to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I'm about to start making moonshine in the tub with how things are going.
    I hear prison toilet wine will cure all ills.

I agree with your last sentence. I don't think Robe doesn't care but delegates it to coaches who are supposed to have more expertise in that area of the game.

Schef a head coach too.
    The perfect guys to be our hitting coaches.don't stick around too long because they are really good coaches. It's a Catch 22.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I know you guys don't want to hear his right now but this is mental. Very obvious to me.
    I can see that.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    #PainTrain

Thats a first! If I wasn't drinking it would bother me lol Funny a hell though

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    The perfect guys to be our hitting coaches.don't stick around too long because they are really good coaches. It's a Catch 22.
    Bingo. Guys like Deggs are in high demand. The "hitter" whisperer

It's depressing to think that we may be wasting one of the best pitching staffs in school history

9. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

raginsaints bringing heat tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    It's depressing to think that we may be wasting one of the best pitching staffs in school history
    We aren't wasting anything. This is not going last. The hits will come. We will be in postseason in June while the Mcneese's and Nicholl's of the world will be at home. Once it all comes together this team will be one of the best in the country.

I don't think it fixes the problem but that is part of owning it. I can certainly see your point about the environment. But I happen to think if that were true Deggs wouldn't have been successful either. But we are known as a program that puts pitching and defense ahead of hitting. Robe doesn't shy away from that.
    I think this needs a little clarification.

Recruiting. Pitching has nothing to do with offense. So lets separate those two issues. We now have defense and offense. No doubt we aren't recruting someone on offensive numbers alone but they also have to have some offense. Problem is that most high school kids haven't seen anything close to Div 1 pitching.

Point being is that "hitting" is probably the least transferable attribute of the three.

With all that said I think we are behind the curve on offense. NOT because of what I've seen in a few innings of baseball this season but taking the whole curve over the past decade (yes I looked up the stats).

I will say this and' it is one of those things I can't prove through stats. Almost every college team hits a cold spell. I've watched Cajun baseball since 85' and more years than not we tend to hit that slump early ( Robichaux years for sure). that isn't a hard fast rule but I think it is pretty accurate. On the flip side I think LSU hits that cold spell most years around the 2/3rds mark. Obviously the recover most years.

Baseball is a strange game and I can't argue that our hitting iswellkinda.nevermind.

I still believe it will work itself out but I've been wrong beforeaccording to my wife

Maybe we can get Emilio Estevez to teach our hitters the Flying V.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    I think this needs a little clarification.

Recruiting. Pitching has nothing to do with offense. So lets separate those two issues. We now have defense and offense. No doubt we aren't recruting someone on offensive numbers alone but they also have to have some offense. Problem is that most high school kids haven't seen anything close to Div 1 pitching.

Point being is that "hitting" is probably the least transferable attribute of the three.

With all that said I think we are behind the curve on offense. NOT because of what I've seen in a few innings of baseball this season but taking the whole curve over the past decade (yes I looked up the stats).

I will say this and' it is one of those things I can't prove through stats. Almost every college team hits a cold spell. I've watched Cajun baseball since 85' and more years than not we tend to hit that slump early ( Robichaux years for sure). that isn't a hard fast rule but I think it is pretty accurate. On the flip side I think LSU hits that cold spell most years around the 2/3rds mark. Obviously the recover most years.

Baseball is a strange game and I can't argue that our hitting iswellkinda.nevermind.

I still believe it will work itself out but I've been wrong beforeaccording to my wife
    A glass half full kinda guy I dig it

15. UL Baseball Re: Louisiana vs. Nicholls

Jay says at least the cajuns have not given up a 15 run inning. No doubt a good thing, but we are batting well under two hundred for the season. Thats a lot of painful innings.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst . 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 . LastLast

Thread Information