Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BB Final: Louisiana 1, Hofstra 0

Default Re: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

First W. Pitching was as advertised

DMo is good. Just saying.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    That was a read play, not a called steal. Baserunner is taught to read the down angle of the ball, if they read that it is going to be in the dirt they take off with anticipation that the ball is going to get away from the catcher.
    If true, that's terrible.

4. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

If changes are not made in philosophy, we are in trouble offensively again

Hofstra might win 20 games And we just struggled mightily against their 3rd best arm

Conrad stroking everbody else choking

Great pitching and good defense. Sleeping at the plate. I hope the alarm clock goes off soon.

This is the same way every season begins. And the same fan reaction to it every year.

Our pitchers gave up 2 runs in two games. Offense will come around. Patience

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    Great pitching and good defense. Sleeping at the plate. I hope the alarm clock goes off soon.
    More like to much No Doz at the plate.
    Let's relax and use our athletic ability. Let's stop forcing the issue until our guys are settled in and confident.

Guys. There is only 1 common denominator around our hitting/offensive approach and struggles these last 3 seasons and it's clearly Jeremy Talbot. If he doesn't change his approach then we will continue to be disappointed.

Coach JT, if you're reading this, please please please look at your history and what has worked and don't make the same mistake of changing halfway through the season. It will be doing this stellar pitching staff a major disservice.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    More like to much No Doz at the plate.
    Let's relax and use our athletic ability. Let's stop forcing the issue until our guys are settled in and confident.
    I was trying to do a cool sleeping/alarm clock metaphor. But seriously I would like to see our hitters approach their at bats more instinctually. They appear to be overthinking or trying to do too much. Maybe the team bus should stop at the gold club on the way back to Lafayette. I don't know, I did my part and drank plenty.

So when does the new AD have a serious sit-down with Robe to let him know hitting performances like these are unacceptable?

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    I was trying to do a cool sleeping/alarm clock metaphor. But seriously I would like to see our hitters approach their at bats more instinctually. They appear to be overthinking or trying to do too much. Maybe the team bus should stop at the gold club on the way back to Lafayette. I don't know, I did my part and drank plenty.
    My bad, I stepped on your toes.

Let me be clear, I like our talent. I love our players. I think we have what it takes. But again, if I take a 4x4 to a 10 second track, I'm not using my advantage properly. We need to cut back on ball placement, cut back on risk and low reward decision making until our guys are in full swing. This many strikeouts and pop ups will kill us going forward.

I'm confident we'll adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    So when does the new AD have a serious sit-down with Robe to let him know hitting performances like these are unacceptable?
    Lol

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs. Hofstra

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Lol
    ---STUCK IN LC--DID WE WIN FINAL SCORE---HOW ABOUT THE LADIES TIDE ROLLED!!!

My suggestion for hitting consultant:

via GIPHY

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information