Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

Default Re: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Mike I don't want to hear be fair to Cajun____stick. There is nothing that he has posted on here that has been fair except to him and his little but buddies. Most people are tired of the crap he post on here. This was a baseball thread that he drug Marlin into, so I do not give a crap if I hurt Timmy Little Dick feelings.
    Speaking of baseball, how long do you think it will be until the bats come around. Personally, I think it may not happen until we get home. However, I do think once we have a couple of good games, the confidence will come and the problems we have now won't be such an issue. Key word there is confidence. Guys right now are just trying too hard and need to relax.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Speaking of baseball, how long do you think it will be until the bats come around. Personally, I think it may not happen until we get home. However, I do think once we have a couple of good games, the confidence will come and the problems we have now won't be such an issue. Key word there is confidence. Guys right now are just trying too hard and need to relax.
    I do think they need to just settle in and play their game. I do not think there is anything to get overly excited about at this time of year. I think we need to get about 10 games in to truly make a judgment. Unfortunately last nights stats are not to be found since the game is incomplete. I think the numbers might look a little better but who knows. Let the kids play, the wins will come and they will come in droves.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I do think they need to just settle in and play their game. I do not think there is anything to get overly excited about at this time of year. I think we need to get about 10 games in to truly make a judgment. Unfortunately last nights stats are not to be found since the game is incomplete. I think the numbers might look a little better but who knows. Let the kids play, the wins will come and they will come in droves.
    Damn, I didn't remember Degg's had forgotten how to coach in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Damn, I didn't remember Degg's had forgotten how to coach in 2014.
    We struggled out of the gate in 2014, but obviously got better quick. We will need to get better quick with the schedule we have coming up.

We struggled out of the gate in 2014, but obviously got better quick. We will need to get better quick with the schedule we have coming up.
    Not having 700, or so at bats this fall due to construction at the Tigue has hurt them. JC signees, freshmen and those held out of summer ball needed those swings to get ready.

6. Default Re: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

We will drive ourselves mad comparing teams to 2014. Yea Deggs is an excellent hitting coach, but more importantly, a great recuruiter. That team was absolutely loaded. LOADED.

If Harry squeezes that fly ball in game 2, we win the NC that year. I will always believe that. And I blame the rental lights

Let's bust loose tonight gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    We will drive ourselves mad comparing teams to 2014.
    That is as true a statement that has ever been said on this forum.

8. UL Baseball Re: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

Mike I don't want to hear be fair to Cajun____stick. There is nothing that he has posted on here that has been fair except to him and his little but buddies. Most people are tired of the crap he post on here. This was a baseball thread that he drug Marlin into, so I do not give a crap if I hurt Timmy Little Dick feelings.
    Look MelOdrama I don't care if you think I'm fair. My first post was about how well Robe and Loteif doing great. Asked what low budget Jay was talking about? I didn't bring basketball into the thread.

I'm more than fair to Bobby Big Fish. All he needs to do is win. Winning at the rate he has wouldn't be acceptable in baseball or softball.

Don't like my account of things there's an ignore button.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Look MelOdrama I don't care if you think I'm fair. My first post was about how well Robe and Loteif doing great. Asked what low budget Jay was talking about? I didn't bring basketball into the thread.

I'm more than fair to Bobby Big Fish. All he needs to do is win. Winning at the rate he has wouldn't be acceptable in baseball or softball.

Don't like my account of things there's an ignore button.
    Do the same to my account if you do not like it CajunLittleDick. You like to call names until goes to you so get your butt buddies together and have a circle jerk. I will continue to call you out with facts but you continue use guts/feelings/or what else makes you feel good.

10. Default Re: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    That is as true a statement that has ever been said on this forum.
    Wasn't the 2014 team a preseason number one. They pretty much earned that ranking throughout the season.

Wasn't the 2014 team a preseason number one. They pretty much earned that ranking throughout the season.
    I'm not talking about ranking. That has nothing to do with it. I'm a stats guy right or wrong and I'm telling you that team was off the charts. Not just for the Cajuns but for NCAA baseball.

If you put our stats in front of a blind panel at the end of the season there is no way they wouldn't have had us in the CWS and a lot would probably have us win it. Howeverreality is what it is and you have to play the game.

Trust me 2014 statistically was no where close to the norm for 98% of college baseball historically.

12. Default

No, they were not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbuf View Post
    That may have something to do with the ghost of Bobby Jones.
    It had more to do with the human being Patrick Reed.

http://augustajags.com/sports/mgolf/._reed?view=bio

http://www.pgatour.com/players/playe.rick-reed.html

2014 team was not a preseason number one. I believe they were Top 10. They earned the No. 1 ranking fairly early in the season however. I think it was in the beginning of March.

15. Default Re: Great Expectations – From the Bird's Nest

close enough.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information