Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: coastal carolina

Default Re: coastal carolina

I'm sure most of the seating centered around home plate will be more hard core Coastal fans, so I think I'm going to try to book two in the upper rows in 103 or 104.

I looked around for pictures of their attendance at games, including games against Clemson and South Carolina and I am not impressed. Their max is about 2500 and it just looks kinda sporadic in the stands. I have a feeling they will have a lot of Johnny Come Latelys in their crowds this year. But as far as I'm concerned, they have a lot of work to do to build up to our level of crowd atmosphere and attendance. And the facility is really nice, but it will pale in comparison to Russo which will be literally twice the size.

That being said, the baseball is obviously top notch and that's all that really matters. And they instantly become a very welcomed addition to the conference. Regardless of the fact that they won the Natty last year. They were a great addition anyway.

Edit: I should preface my somewhat negative review in the top paragraph with the fact that their fans rub me the wrong way on the CSN Sun Belt boards. They post and talk like their shat don't stink and seem to think they will walk all over this conference with quotes like "when it comes to baseball in the SBC, it's Coastal's world and the rest of you are just living in it." These guys are going to do well, sure, but they are in for a rude awakening with the top 4-5 teams in the SBC.

Their average attendance was 1,553 last year good for #44 in the nation. As you mention, 2,500 is their permanent seating but they can fit up to 6,000 when needed for regionals, etc. because they have grass berms and a boardwalk in the park that can be used for seating

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/baseba.017/attend.pdf

Yea. That's what will be interesting with Russo, what will be our new max capacity when you include SRO? I know Seating wise it's about 5,000, but I we host a regional I'd think we can fit close to 6 or 7,000 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    Edit: I should preface my somewhat negative review in the top paragraph with the fact that their fans rub me the wrong way on the CSN Sun Belt boards. They post and talk like their shat don't stink and seem to think they will walk all over this conference with quotes like "when it comes to baseball in the SBC, it's Coastal's world and the rest of you are just living in it." These guys are going to do well, sure, but they are in for a rude awakening with the top 4-5 teams in the SBC.
    They will learn quick that the SBC is a competitive baseball league. They are still drunk off of that ship.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun10 View Post
    I looked around for pictures of their attendance at games, including games against Clemson and South Carolina and I am not impressed. Their max is about 2500 and it just looks kinda sporadic in the stands. I have a feeling they will have a lot of Johnny Come Latelys in their crowds this year. But as far as I'm concerned, they have a lot of work to do to build up to our level of crowd atmosphere and attendance. And the facility is really nice, but it will pale in comparison to Russo which will be literally twice the size.

That being said, the baseball is obviously top notch and that's all that really matters. And they instantly become a very welcomed addition to the conference. Regardless of the fact that they won the Natty last year. They were a great addition anyway.

I could imagine a lot of our fans rubbing people the wrong way if we won a national titleour fans do that now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rougarou View Post
    They will learn quick that the SBC is a competitive baseball league. They are still drunk off of that ship.
    Pretty sure I would be as well, and I don't drink.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Pretty sure I would be as well, and I don't drink.
    That might be a decade long buzz for me.

If we had won the NCAA championship, would we have had a AD change?

We will need to work on our handshakes.

https://www.facebook.com/NCAACWS/vid.3518567236640/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    If we had won the NCAA championship, would we have had a AD change?
    Yes, he had to go, and everyone including SF knew it.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

We ever win an NC in anything.Ill talk zhiit for years. They overcame huge odds to do that, more power to them. We just need to go over there and beat the Fqqqq out of em.

Have a nice week.

Z

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfanatico View Post
    Yes, he had to go, and everyone including SF knew it.
    He was probably relieved. Geeze the last year and a half in O & G were brutal. Everyday looking over your shoulder waiting for the axe. When it finally came in April, there was a huge exhale I was blessed to be working with great people, but man it became creepy as things progressed.

Z

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    I could imagine a lot of our fans rubbing people the wrong way if we won a national titleour fans do that now.
    Our baseball fans rub people the wrong way?
    Pretty sure our rep is the opposite of that.

BTW, Andrew Beckwith got shelled yesterday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information