Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Grambling 2018

Default Re: Grambling 2018

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Who is doing the scheduling since our new AD is not yet on board? Our interim AD?

Who was responsible for scheduling this game? Maggard, Leger or someone else?

According to Jay Walker, Farmer did this but the deal wasn't signed until now.

5. Default Re: Grambling 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Bankruptcyman View Post
    Who was responsible for scheduling this game? Maggard, Leger or someone else?
    ---I know a lot on here have criticized our recent schedules---but in Buckley's article he mentioned Missou was last year 4-8---they were 2-2 OOC with loses to West Va and Middle Tenn---they beat Eastern Mich and Delaware St-----this year they have Missou St, Purdue, Idaho, and Conn (the fifth easiest schedule in the country)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I know a lot on here have criticized our recent schedules---but in Buckley's article he mentioned Missou was last year 4-8---they were 2-2 OOC with loses to West Va and Middle Tenn---they beat Eastern Mich and Delaware St-----this year they have Missou St, Purdue, Idaho, and Conn (the fifth easiest schedule in the country)!!!
    Yes, but Missouri plays in the SEC. They don't need to schedule great outside the conference or to draw fans. With a schedule like 2017, no one is really excited about SLU or the SBC teams coming to Lafayette. Apples and Oranges.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yes, but Missouri plays in the SEC. They don't need to schedule great outside the conference or to draw fans. With a schedule like 2017, no one is really excited about SLU or the SBC teams coming to Lafayette. Apples and Oranges.
    Would you stop creating an eclipse over our sunshine pumping??

8. UL Football Ragin' Cajun Football Announces 2018 Home Game Versus Grambling

Louisiana's Ragin' Cajun football team has officially filled its entire 2018 non-conference schedule, announcing today a game against in-state foe.

Coach Fobbs was a GA under Bustle in 02-03 and is doing a great job at Grambling.

They probably won't travel as well as Southern , but should bring a good crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Would you stop creating an eclipse over our sunshine pumping??
    Yea, I guess Maggard couldn't schedule well at Missouri. But shouldn't the question be what relationships he has that will lead to better scheduling in the future for UL?

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Coach Fobbs was a GA under Bustle in 02-03 and is doing a great job at Grambling.

They probably won't travel as well as Southern , but should bring a good crowd
    Grambling has a lot of alumni in Houston, NOLA and Acadiana. Cajun Field is about as close as they can get a chance to see Grambling until the Bayou Classic.

Throw in Labor Day weekenddon't be shocked to see 8k-10k Grambling fans.

12. Default Re: Grambling 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    Grambling has a lot of alumni in Houston, NOLA and Acadiana. Cajun Field is about as close as they can get a chance to see Grambling until the Bayou Classic.

Throw in Labor Day weekenddon't be shocked to see 8k-10k Grambling fans.
    I'm with you.

Timing
    situation

Should pull in LOTs of Grambling fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Yea, I guess Maggard couldn't schedule well at Missouri. But shouldn't the question be what relationships he has that will lead to better scheduling in the future for UL?
    Have you seen our ocs cant get much worse

I like this game. Grambling, southern and McNeese should be the only 1AAs we play. They bring fans which makes the game exciting. And yes, I think the 2017 schedule is horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Have you seen our ocs cant get much worse
    That was scarcasm, pointing out Boomer's comments on his OCS at Missouri.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information