Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

1. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    He had a couple of very nice passes as well.
    ---AND-----I finally saw him get PIZZED OFF---after one call he kinda slammed the ball down on the court and as the guys in the hood of our section agreed ---he is now getting to be an intricate and much needed added part of the Ragin' Cajun basketball team!!!

Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    The reason they lost the game was that they made, I recall, one of nineteen three point attempts. We are going to not let them get second chance points of most of those missed three points. There were indeed a lot of uncontested layups. They often made the defender look silly.

There were few uncontested layups when Stalcup was in. In addition to four blocked shots, he altered several others. Other factor last night was Jay Wright holding Ken Williams to a 3 of 14 night. Williams is an all conference guard. Give Jay credit for doing this while playing with a hand injury. Jay does not always make the right decisions but the kid always plays as hard as anyone on the floor.

I'm very happy with the victory because I definitely did not think they were going to win three more before last night. Still a big mountain as I see 50/50 vs Tx St, and the road rest 40/60 chance. Don't think they can beat Arlington.

Defense was fine at rim with Stalcup in game. I bet he plays more going forward. Agree it will be tough to get three wins following Saturday game. At least we have one at this point.

3. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Mike, I think Jay should avoid the lay ups. He is rejected far more often than being successful. Cleary he should do it sometimes, but really he simply should be sure he can get the shots. He really does not get fouled often enough to do it so regularly. His drive to the basket should be with the intention of passing to another player.

In referring to jay being unsuccessful driving and trying layupshe is far more successful when he has driven the lane and passed or pulled up for a mid ranger

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

exactly

I agree that Jay should shoot more mid range shots when he drives and pass to the wing when challenged inside. Still, you have to admit the kid plays hard.

The bench contributed 31 points in 89 minutes. I didn't check but I would guess that is the most points and minutes from the bench in a conference game this year. If we can continue to get production like this I hope it translates into a productive run down the stretch.

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I agree that Jay should shoot more mid range shots when he drives and pass to the wing when challenged inside. Still, you have to admit the kid plays hard.
    ---Over the last (WHAT) 4 years I have shouted "NOOOOO" so many times as he is about to release a 3 point attempt or takes off driving for the basket----and I have to say it has been sorrow and joy-----"NOOOOO" and the 3 point SWIIISH----"NOOOOO" and the contortionist movements that end with a banked in lay up----But the have been all "YYYYYEEEESSSSes" for his motor and just unreal hustle and no fear performances!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information