Thread: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

1. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

GEAUX Cajuns!

Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Cajuns win.

Thank you and good night.

One of the best games we've played on both sides of the ball coincides to an 87-61 victory let's carry this momentum over

One of the best games offensivelydefensively, not so much. s.al had 90% of their FG's were layups. Anyone else at the game disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    One of the best games offensivelydefensively, not so much. s.al had 90% of their FG's were layups. Anyone else at the game disagree?
    Anyone has a number on how many lay ups South Al missed? After missing one towards the end, their coaches were laughing because it was one of those nights that we all know too well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Anyone has a number on how many lay ups South Al missed? After missing one towards the end, their coaches were laughing because it was one of those nights that we all know too well.
    They missed a lot, but made a lot too! LOL!

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

I don't think we played well. I just think South Al was very bad offensively. Couldn't buy a bucket.

Having said that, I appreciate the effort. Team is still playing hard. It still matters to them. That's a good sign for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    I don't think we played well. I just think South Al was very bad offensively. Couldn't buy a bucket.

Having said that, I appreciate the effort. Team is still playing hard. It still matters to them. That's a good sign for next year.
    Team played much better defensively than recently. Stalcup and Brown playing more is reason. Someone asked why i have had few comments recently and reason is there has been little positive to say recently and others have pointed out problems that all see. Big question i have is why has Stalcup not played more before tonight. Miller knee issues limit him on defense and he has been playing too many minutes recently. He will do better on defense if he does not have to play as much

What was the turn out? I didn't go because of the recent ____ show they've put on and now they go and win.

11. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

The reason they lost the game was that they made, I recall, one of nineteen three point attempts. We are going to not let them get second chance points of most of those missed three points. There were indeed a lot of uncontested layups. They often made the defender look silly.

I'm very happy with the victory because I definitely did not think they were going to win three more before last night. Still a big mountain as I see 50/50 vs Tx St, and the road rest 40/60 chance. Don't think they can beat Arlington.

All I can say is Cajuns win, nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Team played much better defensively than recently. Stalcup and Brown playing more is reason. Someone asked why i have had few comments recently and reason is there has been little positive to say recently and others have pointed out problems that all see. Big question i have is why has Stalcup not played more before tonight. Miller knee issues limit him on defense and he has been playing too many minutes recently. He will do better on defense if he does not have to play as much
    Mike, I think Stalcup had a great game. Someone had posted some time back that our losing started just after Scott Plaisance transferred out; the more I have seen us play the more I believe this is more than coincidence. Scotty would and could get into foul trouble but he was a big athletic guy that could have helped.

We need Stalcup getting some minutes; I hope Brown is able to lock down better defensively; he's got good hops and can help with the rebounding for sure.

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs. South Alabama

Stalcup had his best game, by far. My favorite thing he did last night was provide presence on defense. Also a lot of activity on the offensive glass.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Stalcup had his best game, by far. My favorite thing he did last night was provide presence on defense. Also a lot of activity on the offensive glass.
    He had a couple of very nice passes as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information