Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    I think he 1 of 1 or 2 of 2. You'd rather have Wright who didn't sit a minute, correct me if I'm wrong, tirelessly muscle his way in and try and maybe draw a foul which still wouldn't tie the game, and that is if he is successful still down by one vs taking an open look to tie the game. And as you like to keep saying. Always extend the game. He would've extended it right into overtime with that 3
    1. Miller was 1 of 3 from 3, Wright was 3 of 6
    2. On the next possession Wright draws the foul, again may missed but you're extending the game.
    3. The 3 Miller took wouldn't have necessarily took it to OT.they would have had 20 secs to get a bucket or get to the line.and have you seen our defense?
    4. How do you not get PJ Hardy at least 2 or 3 shots in this game? Kid is shooting almost 50% from 3.you have to get him at least a couple shots somewhere in the game (oh but we don't run any offensive sets so yeah.)

2. Default

If I remember correctly he drove but got fouled on the floor and missed his free throw which they rebounded on the 1 and 1
    You remember incorrectly young Caleb Jay got the hoop and harm also, had that happened in the previous possession, you extended the game and give your defense a chance to set up.

Default Re: Preview: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Maybe he did. I'm just saying I can live with that. We did so many other things wrong, that's one of the last things I'm pointing at as to why we lost.

4. Default

Maybe he did. I'm just saying I can live with that. We did so many other things wrong, that's one of the last things I'm pointing at as to why we lost.
    That we can agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    He calls a timeout to draw up a 3 for JUSTIN MILLER????? WOW
    I was thinking the same thing.

I keep telling myself "it's almost baseball season"

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I keep telling myself "it's almost baseball season"
    my exact thoughts as the game endedwell its time for diamond sports

8. Default Re: Preview: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

1. Miller was 1 of 3 from 3, Wright was 3 of 6
    2. On the next possession Wright draws the foul, again may missed but you're extending the game.
    3. The 3 Miller took wouldn't have necessarily took it to OT.they would have had 20 secs to get a bucket or get to the line.and have you seen our defense?
    4. How do you not get PJ Hardy at least 2 or 3 shots in this game? Kid is shooting almost 50% from 3.you have to get him at least a couple shots somewhere in the game (oh but we don't run any offensive sets so yeah.)
    ----I am thinking at least play a lil offense/defense substitution with him getting the most offense and less defense!!! I do know that #10 (tall white kid) was on him very much in the Lafayette game, but just having him with the threat opens up others!!!

Default Re: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

I felt Miller just shot too early, seemed rushed. Bartley having his pocket picked near their goal was the back breaker. You could see it in all our players' faces. One play makes not a loss, but man, that one hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I felt Miller just shot too early, seemed rushed. Bartley having his pocket picked near their goal was the back breaker. You could see it in all our players' faces. One play makes not a loss, but man, that one hurt.
    Davis got his pocket picked. Zero court awareness on that play, and then made a stupid foul.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It was Davis.

I am not defending Davis; he should have been more aware. BUT. he secured the ball and looked up court to pass it out and ALL of our guards had their backs to him. That little hesitation before starting his dribble led to the turnover.

You are correct, was Davis. My bad. Still, when that happened, our team collectively looked like a bunch of second graders being informed about the truth of Santa Clause.

Maggard won't fire him without having a chance to observe him
    I agree; but Maggard ain't Farmer. He will look very closely at Marlin's scheduling practices and his in game coaching skills, along with his inability to win in conference, NOT just his won-loss record.

So.I was correct before the season started about this team and Marlin. I retracted my statement when "we looked good". A bunch of us got called out time and time again for having a negative opinion on this team. Now the true Marlin colors are smeared all over this team and it's disgusting to watch. The difference between the diamond sports and basketball/football is discipline and coach-ability. Once again, I'm done with this crustBut hey, Bobby just needs to win his games in March

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information