Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Default Re: Preview: Louisiana at Georgia Southern

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    It's a bad play call Caleb. First of all, Jay Wright had a fast break opportunity before Marlin made him pull it back to call the timeout. Then, you have :30 on the clock, down 3 and you don't try for the quick 2? How about the possession before: Instead of a quick bucket, we run a full half court set and get an off balance leaner as a result?

It's bad game management, situation management at very least.
    Exactly my point.get your senior to the rim for 2 then get a foul or call the timeout and extend the game. They are going to be playing a soft defense around the rim to prevent fouling and giving up the 3 point play. You could have gotten that shot 25 seconds later

4-7 in the sun belt just doesn't cut it

How many sunbelt tournament semi finals appearances has Marlin had? 1?

He's safe this year but does anyone know his contract terms? He's had 7 years, a lottery pick, another NBA player and rebuilt the roster twice. When it's affordable he needs to be shipped back to the Southland.

Quote Originally Posted by weareLOUISIANA View Post
    He's safe this year but does anyone know his contract terms? He's had 7 years, a lottery pick, another NBA player and rebuilt the roster twice. When it's affordable he needs to be shipped back to the Southland.
    When fans are this unhappy and potential fans are indifferent, it is always affordable. In fact, we can't afford to keep him.

It's a bad play call Caleb. First of all, Jay Wright had a fast break opportunity before Marlin made him pull it back to call the timeout. Then, you have :30 on the clock, down 3 and you don't try for the quick 2? How about the possession before: Instead of a quick bucket, we run a full half court set and get an off balance leaner as a result?

It's bad game management, situation management at very least.
    Like I said, a systematic problem. But I have no problem with him calling a timeout and getting the ball to your hottest shooter. I'm sure if we would have hurried a bad shot or ran into traffic and turned it over ppl would say "why not call a timeout and draw up something?" And it was a great look, Wright drew the defense in and miller was OPEN. He hit the same shot earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    When fans are this unhappy and potential fans are indifferent, it is always affordable. In fact, we can't afford to keep him.
    Maggard won't fire him without having a chance to observe him

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin' Caleb View Post
    Like I said, a systematic problem. But I have no problem with him calling a timeout and getting the ball to your hottest shooter. I'm sure if we would have hurried a bad shot or ran into traffic and turned it over ppl would say "why not call a timeout and draw up something?" And it was a great look, Wright drew the defense in and miller was OPEN. He hit the same shot earlier.
    It's a low percentage shot.you have time to extend the game, you're in the bonusyou don't draw up a 3 for your freshman big man who only shoots 30% from 3

It's a low percentage shot.you have time to extend the game, you're in the bonusyou don't draw up a 3 for your freshman big man who only shoots 30% from 3
    A low percentage shot? I'll take a wide open 3 from a hot miller who was knocking everything down vs your defensive point guard who shot about 20% from the field flailing to get to the rim and trying to draw contact, which most of you b**** about them doing anyways. And everyone knows a ref is hesitant to make that call late in the game.

10. Default

A low percentage shot? I'll take a wide open 3 from a hot miller who was knocking everything down vs your defensive point guard who shot about 20% from the field flailing to get to the rim and trying to draw contact, which most of you b**** about them doing anyways. And everyone knows a ref is hesitant to make that call late in the game.
    Coaching 101: extend the game. Always.

How many 3s did Miller hit prior to that shot? "red hot" seems like an overstatement to me.

Wright was 31% from the field while Justin miller was 63% from from the field. Miller also had more points in less time played and less shot attempts.

Wright was 31% from the field while Justin miller was 63% from from the field. Miller also had more points in less time played and less shot attempts.
    But how many of those were from 3???? LOW PERCENTAGE SHOT!

But how many of those were from 3???? LOW PERCENTAGE SHOT!
    I think he 1 of 1 or 2 of 2. You'd rather have Wright who didn't sit a minute, correct me if I'm wrong, tirelessly muscle his way in and try and maybe draw a foul which still wouldn't tie the game, and that is if he is successful still down by one vs taking an open look to tie the game. And as you like to keep saying. Always extend the game. He would've extended it right into overtime with that 3

14. Default

I think he 1 of 1 or 2 of 2. You'd rather have Wright who didn't sit a minute, correct me if I'm wrong, tirelessly muscle his way in and try and maybe draw a foul which still wouldn't tie the game, and that is if he is successful still down by one vs taking an open look to tie the game. And as you like to keep saying. Always extend the game. He would've extended it right into overtime with that 3
    On the very next possession, that's exactly what happened. Wright drove, made the shot, and was fouled.

On the very next possession, that's exactly what happened. Wright drove, made the shot, and was fouled.
    If I remember correctly he drove but got fouled on the floor and missed his free throw which they rebounded on the 1 and 1

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 . LastLast

Thread Information