Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bowl Game Shuts Down

Default Re: Bowl Game Shuts Down

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    But his experiences are so much important than brutal common sense. That's snowflake territory. That's millennial talk.
    great point!

So your own experiences should be the only justification for bowl games? That's such a Leftist way to think.
    You insult a patriot and big Cajun fan because he enjoyed a bowl experience with his team. That is out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    You insult a patriot and big Cajun fan because he enjoyed a bowl experience with his team. That is out of line.
    Whoa a snowflake and a white knighthow are all these libtards commies invading our site!!

Relax guysit's just football.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunPride View Post
    Tit for tat. I care not if he is a "patriot".loving one's country doesn't put someone up on a pedestal.neither does serving this country. You still have to be a normal human being.and not try to label everything you don't think is kosher. So.I'm going to call you a ____ing nazi for trying to control who I insult. This is America (bald eagle scream).and if I choose to blindly say dumb ____.I get to blindly say dumb ____. I'm in line with the Constitution (gun shot). The Founding Fathers made sure I had the ability to do so. So before you go on again and make yourself look like a lederhosen wearing kraut saluting der fuhrer.think about what Paul Revere (horse neigh) rode for on that great night. It sure as ____ wasn't trying to control people's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Why the hate for bowls? No one is required to watch one, and none are more or less important now that only the final four and national championship mean anything at all.

The last time I checked absolutely nobody had their season tickets cancelled for not going to a bowl game. I can tell you, as bad as this season was, it was way better the day we got the NOLA bid, and I had an absolute blast at the NOLA bowl, and at the pre game festivities and I live eight minuets from the French Quarter. The NOLA with Louisiana in it is one of the few instances I fight the traffic to go into there.
    I don't hate the bowls. I watch the major games and the ones involving the SBC teams. I am only predicting the financial situation will cause more to fold and the final no. will be around 30. With 40 bowls 80 teams out of 128 FBS teams participate. That to me indicates teams that do not "deserve" post season play get to do so. That is a much higher percentage than D1 basketball teams that go to post season play, even when you add the pay to play tournaments. I won't argue that some of the basketball teams that play in those also do not deserve post season play. The FACT is however the percentage of those is not as high as it is in football.

6. UL Football Re: Bowl Game Shuts Down

Again mike almost 100% of basketball teams get to participate in post season play unless their regular season champs are the NCAA bound teams. Yes, a conference tournament is a post season event, and by being in such events provides teams with an opportunity to play for a national championship. It is like comparing a ten ounce ball and a ten once brick. You can't except on a balance scale. Football allows but four teams an opportunity to play for a nationals championship after the regular season.

Regardless I am not here to debate if these bowls will continue, but if they deserve an opportunity to continue. IMO the market should determine that, not some jackazz on tv complaining because he is forced to watch a game he isn't interested in{which he isn't) or watching what? Nothing.

7. Default Re: Bowl Game Shuts Down

It's holding most universities up at gunpoint for guaranteed ticket sales to force profit to not-for-profit bowls. That should turn anyone from "pro"-bowls to "why the ____ are we allowing this ____ to happen"-bowls.
    Bowls and post season play (on your resume) are to Universities as loss leaders are to business success.

An absolute must do experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Bowls and post season play (on your resume) are to Universities as loss leaders are to business success.

I agree.both are tax advantages. But only one should be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

I agree with that as I would never turn down a bowl game regardless if I think the kids deserve it or not or how much it costs. Downside is too much of a negative others can use against you. You also get extra practice time which can be helpful the following year. Same reason I would never turn down the pay to play tournaments.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Again mike almost 100% of basketball teams get to participate in post season play unless their regular season champs are the NCAA bound teams. Yes, a conference tournament is a post season event, and by being in such events provides teams with an opportunity to play for a national championship. It is like comparing a ten ounce ball and a ten once brick. You can't except on a balance scale. Football allows but four teams an opportunity to play for a nationals championship after the regular season.

Regardless I am not here to debate if these bowls will continue, but if they deserve an opportunity to continue. IMO the market should determine that, not some jackazz on tv complaining because he is forced to watch a game he isn't interested in{which he isn't) or watching what? Nothing.
    All basketball teams get to play in the end of season conference tournaments. As such, I don't consider those games to be post season play. I do agree that the market will drive the no. of bowls going forward and that is as it should be.

11. Default Re: Bowl Game Shuts Down

I agree.both are tax advantages. But only one should be allowed
    Why would anyone be against a university advertising?

Post season games are the absolute cheapest way for future contemplative students to hear organic name drops.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information