Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Burnt ROUX: DB Michael Sam Flips to Tech

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Burnt ROUX: DB Michael Sam Flips to Tech

Not sure we should be cracking on Latex until we are where we should be and beating them in football regularly. Present guy aint gonna cut it. Alden, do your thing.

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Not sure we should be cracking on Latex until we are where we should be and beating them in football regularly. Present guy aint gonna cut it. Alden, do your thing.

Z
    Agree that criticizing La Tech when they are the better program now does not seem wise to me. However, I don't think Alden will have much to do with a decision to change a coach in either football, basketball, or any other sport for that matter. That will be up to the new AD. Once that guy is in place, he will have responsibility for those big calls.

Nijeel Meeking flipped from Ragin Cajuns to TCU

http://247sports.com/player/nijeel-meeking-88879

Guess he wasn't good enough to play for Tech.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Agree that criticizing La Tech when they are the better program now does not seem wise to me. However, I don't think Alden will have much to do with a decision to change a coach in either football, basketball, or any other sport for that matter. That will be up to the new AD. Once that guy is in place, he will have responsibility for those big calls.
    Mike, Alden is making the call on the AD The right AD will dump clowns HUD and Marlin ASAP. It starts with Alden.

Z

Hud may be gone without a winning year. In fact it is likely that occurs under that scenario. However basketball is close to their fourth straight winning season (even when only D1 games are included) and they don't have the off court issues like football has. I won't argue for a second they underachieved the last two years as I believe they did. This year, they may be overachieving just a little. New AD will be on board April 1. He will give both coaches one year before making any decisions regardless of what some would like. If basketball does not do better than a finish in the middle of the pack next year with some highly regarded transfers coming on board, the new AD may decide to go in a different direction. It will not happen in April however no matter how this season ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hud may be gone without a winning year. In fact it is likely that occurs under that scenario. However basketball is close to their fourth straight winning season (even when only D1 games are included) and they don't have the off court issues like football has. I won't argue for a second they underachieved the last two years as I believe they did. This year, they may be overachieving just a little. New AD will be on board April 1. He will give both coaches one year before making any decisions regardless of what some would like. If basketball does not do better than a finish in the middle of the pack next year with some highly regarded transfers coming on board, the new AD may decide to go in a different direction. It will not happen in April however no matter how this season ends.
    We have wasted so much time and money with Marlin. incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    We have wasted so much time and money with Marlin. incredible.
    As I said earlier, much more will be expected next year with only one senior on this team, three transfers coming in, and the highest rated recruit we have had in years also coming on board. More than simply a winning season will be needed to satisfy most fans. Everyone has their opinion and I don't doubt all want what is best for the Cajuns. However, I wonder if others beyond Z thinks a change should be made immediately after this season. I say that with the presumption they will finish with right at 20 wins against a so so schedule. That means going roughly 0.500 the rest of the way and I am not sure the problems we have seen recently will allow them to do much better than that. I personally believe that the new AD should have a year to evaluate the program prior to any decision.

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    don't think it bothers many Tech fans if you even call us Louisiana Polytechnic Institute or Lolly Polly
    LTU

I can only hope that expectations will rise with the new AD. This mediocre-ness sux big time, looking at you football and basketball.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Guess he wasn't good enough to play for Tech.
    UL is the only G5 school he had listed as a school of interest. Looks like the guy had his heart set on playing at a P5 school all along, providing he got an offer from one. His earlier commitment to UL was just an insurance policy for him. We were used, as is often the case for G5 schools with this type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    LTU@ruston
    FIFY

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information