Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Default Re: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What exactly have the haters materialized on. Is he exempt from critique? Is he the coach K of the SBC with one tournament final and victory and no top two regular season finishes?

So far he's done a nice job this year. Prior to this year this coach is just north of .500 at UL including a bunch of non division one wins. He was out coached Saturday. He had no answer for the GSU half court offense
    I think to some degree it's a product of how the game is being called by the guys in the striped shirts. You're playing a team with 4+ very good three point shooters averaging 25+ attempts a game. Your defensive plan is run them off the three point line which you had success doing holding them to 11 attempts. The problem was that the first and second halves were called differently. In the first half both teams we getting called about equally with the FT's about equal, with the Cajuns making 9 on 13 attempts and GS making 7 on 11 attempts. In the second half with the same action the Cajuns made 4 on 9 attempts and GS making 22 on 26 attempts. That combined with poor three point shooting 3 for 18 on mostly wide open attempts did them in.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    What exactly have the haters materialized on. Is he exempt from critique? Is he the coach K of the SBC with one tournament final and victory and no top two regular season finishes?

So far he's done a nice job this year. Prior to this year this coach is just north of .500 at UL including a bunch of non division one wins. He was out coached Saturday. He had no answer for the GSU half court offense
    I think one of the qualities of a ḧater"is that they are AWOL during the good times but show up the instant something bad happens.
    I am fine with critique. Thats what fans do. Many think they know more than the coaches and are only too happy to share it with the world. I am also fine with speculation of what is wrong or even how to change it.

3. UL Basketball Re: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    I think one of the qualities of a ḧater"is that they are AWOL during the good times but show up the instant something bad happens.
    I am fine with critique. Thats what fans do. Many think they know more than the coaches and are only too happy to share it with the world. I am also fine with speculation of what is wrong or even how to change it.
    I don't know more about any sport than almost any coach. I don't pay him to know more than me. I pay him to out recruit, out X&O other coaches. When he or she fails to do that on a consistent basis the fan knows he's not being properly served.

Never forget, coaches often cannot see their own weaknesses or they'd hire people smarter, better than themselves to fix the weaknesses. Even worse not hire better thinking they are protecting their rear ends.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information