Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Default Re: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Attendance? Crowd was raucous.
    nice crowd. We didnt play with energy though. And the free throws!!!!
    Need to bounce back against GAST. Get off the floor coach!

Soutgern was simply stronger and faster as a team. #4 was smoking any player we put on him going to the basket. Hardy finally looked like a freshman, was lost most of the game. Better team won, and they are very young. Yes, the ref crew sucked, but in no way the reason we lost.

13-22 (59%) at the free throw line and 3-18 (17%) from behind the 3 point line.

There's you ball game. Nothing else mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Right on time. Figured you would show up eventually.
    I have a hard time posting while at a game. My phone is slower than molasses.

I love this team. I dislike this coach. Until he does something to change that you can pretty much count on that being the theme to my posts.

I did buy season tickets for basketball so at least a Marlin team has me in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Spot on: second half only, (22-26) from the charity line and Cajuns (4-9).that's where we lost it. The refs gave GSU 17 more looks at the FTL.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by oldalum View Post
    I have a hard time posting while at a game. My phone is slower than molasses.

I love this team. I dislike this coach. Until he does something to change that you can pretty much count on that being the theme to my posts.

I did buy season tickets for basketball so at least a Marlin team has me in the building.
    Glad youre back in the Dome.

I'm assuming Bruce Benedict (former Braves catcher) is the older white haired ref. Unfortunately, when he is doing our games, the refs are very much a part of the game and make themselves a prominent noticeable force in the game. Not good. Refs were inconsistent on both sides of the ball and were a momentum killer. Call the real fouls. Not the ticky tack ones, please! Also, seems like Tookie literally tucked the ball like a football while driving to the basket. How does he get away with that? Walking every time!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

24-48 (50%) from the field, 29-37 (78%) from free throw line . to many easy backdoor shots & GS made their free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I'm assuming Bruce Benedict (former Braves catcher) is the older white haired ref. Unfortunately, when he is doing our games, the refs are very much a part of the game and make themselves a prominent noticeable force in the game. Not good. Refs were inconsistent on both sides of the ball and were a momentum killer. Call the real fouls. Not the ticky tack ones, please! Also, seems like Tookie literally tucked the ball like a football while driving to the basket. How does he get away with that? Walking every time!
    I didnt realize that was Bruce Benedict out there. Ironic that his son went to Georgia Southern? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Benedict

This was a frustrating one. 5,500 in attendance. That means and extra 1,500 came to see the Cajuns and were let down. Seems like any time we get on a roll and draw big, we drop the ball. That's what I'm disapponted about.

With that said.
    Cajuns are 12-5! Before the season I would have expected more like 5-12. Let's bounce back against Ga State and their cry baby coach!!

Not why we lost, but. Yes - he is a terrible official. See the box score: Referees: Bruce Benedict, Jose Carrion, Billy Dunlap http://www.ragincajuns.com/boxscorembball&id=5440

Bruce is the one who was involved in that nightmare game where they called upwards of 50ish fouls and spread around 12 technical fouls. I may have my numbers slightly off, but it was terrible. Was that last year or year before?

Seems like a conflict of interest for him to be doing Georgia Southern's games since his son went there and obviously he is from Georgia. Regardless, I think he has it out for Marlin and the Cajuns. That double T on Miller was classic Benedict and really set the tone with early foul trouble. Gave me bad memories of that 12 tech game. It's like the refs decided to take control of the game at that point when they saw the emotions and not let the players play. Sad.

Relax. This is a young team, and they're going to play like it from time to time.

Impressive, though, the speed at which the Marlin haters materialize when given the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by cjntgr View Post
    And just as soon as we get a nice crowd, we crap the bed!
    Not the first time this has happened. Kind of a pattern the last few years. Ugh! I hope this is not our largest crowd of the year.
    Let's start a new winning streak Monday night.

15. UL Basketball Re: WBB/MBB: Georgia Southern at Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post
    Relax. This is a young team, and they're going to play like it from time to time.

Impressive, though, the speed at which the Marlin haters materialize when given the opportunity

What exactly have the haters materialized on. Is he exempt from critique? Is he the coach K of the SBC with one tournament final and victory and no top two regular season finishes?

So far he's done a nice job this year. Prior to this year this coach is just north of .500 at UL including a bunch of non division one wins. He was out coached Saturday. He had no answer for the GSU half court offense

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information