Thread: Four First-Place Finishes Helps Louisiana To Solid Performance At Aggie Invite

1. Ragin' Cajuns Four First-Place Finishes Helps Louisiana To Solid Performance At Aggie Invite

Kyle Baudoin set a meet record in the men's pole vault, clearing 16 feet, 7 ¼ inches, to record one of four first-place finishes for the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns indoor track and field team and helping the Cajuns finish second overall at the Aggie Team Invitational on Friday at the Gilliam Indoor Stadium.

Default Re: Four First-Place Finishes Helps Louisiana To Solid Performance At Aggie Invite

Any time you can get some first place finishes, it sounds good to me. Congrats and Geaux Cajuns!

Default Re: Four First-Place Finishes Helps Louisiana To Solid Performance At Aggie Invite

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    Any time you can get some first place finishes, it sounds good to me. Congrats and Geaux Cajuns!
    I like those, too; but this was essentially the JV meet at A&M this weekend. The better of the two meets at A&M is going on today. Our conference mates Texas State and UTA are participating.

I'd focus more on the time, height, or distance.
    Limoh 4:15 is fastest I can recall in some time. He should compete for a individual title at Sunbelt.
    The two 800 men's runners seem to already be running close to their best.
    Quite honestly, we have some talented athletes but until we build some depth in both distance and sprints we won't gain much ground on conference foes.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    I'd focus more on the time, height, or distance.
    Limoh 4:15 is fastest I can recall in some time. He should compete for a individual title at Sunbelt.
    The two 800 men's runners seem to already be running close to their best.
    Quite honestly, we have some talented athletes but until we build some depth in both distance and sprints we won't gain much ground on conference foes.
    I agree with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I like those, too; but this was essentially the JV meet at A&M this weekend. The better of the two meets at A&M is going on today. Our conference mates Texas State and UTA are participating.
    From a distance perspective, Beau would have still won the 5K with the time he ran on Friday (by 11 seconds, I might add), and Stanley would have come in 7th in the mile (although with better competition, he probably would have run faster, as he was only 4 seconds off the winner on Saturday.)

7. Default Re: Four First-Place Finishes Helps Louisiana To Solid Performance At Aggie Invite

Quote Originally Posted by barchief View Post
    From a distance perspective, Beau would have still won the 5K with the time he ran on Friday (by 11 seconds, I might add), and Stanley would have come in 7th in the mile (although with better competition, he probably would have run faster, as he was only 4 seconds off the winner on Saturday.)
    Great observations

Thread Information