Thread: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

1. UL Basketball Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

True freshman plays huge role for red-hot Cajuns.

2. UL Basketball Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

Too much attention to AAU instead of how a kid plays the game in real competition. God sent us this fine young man. Now we need to be sure to do right by him. No doubt Marlin does take care of his players needs.

Default Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

P. J.'s impact is tremendous.
    He is just the third best 3 pt. shooter in the nation! He has made 32 of 57 three point shots.
    That is 56.1% from behind the arc! (As a team the Cajuns averaged about 31% last year.)
    In the Cajundome I think his avg. is closer to 70%!!
    All of this coming from a freshman. And, last year as a high school player, he was not known for his 3 pt. shooting.
    No wonder fans are saying this team is fun to watch. And when Bartley finds his shot again, watch-out!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Too much attention to AAU instead of how a kid plays the game in real competition. God sent us this fine young man. Now we need to be sure to do right by him. No doubt Marlin does take care of his players needs.
    Great point about some recruiters paying too much attention to AAU results vs HS play. In this case the kid had great stats, led his team to two state semi finals, is a good student, and had a brother who did well at the D1 level. Makes you wonder what recruiters look for at times. PJ is a little slim and played AAA HS ball. That may have been a concern. Glad our guys found him.

5. Default Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    He is just the third best 3 pt. shooter in the nation! He has made 32 of 57 three point shots.
    That is 56.1% from behind the arc! (As a team the Cajuns averaged about 31% last year.)
    All of this coming from a freshman. And, last year as a high school player, he was not known for his 3 pt. shooting.
    No wonder fans are saying this team is fun to watch. And when Bartley finds his shot again, watch-out!
    The blackout of the stands has had a tremendous impact.

6. UL Basketball Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by IberiaCajun View Post
    At this point I'm thinking he and Miller make the all freshman SBC team. Also based on minutes and performance Brown and Davis have a shot.

7. Default Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

At this point I'm thinking he and Miller make the all freshman SBC team. Also based on minutes and performance Brown and Davis have a shot.
    ---I am trying to recall the night that Miller lit it up on 3s---just think if he can take opponent's 5 outside with him and hit those again---When he plays outside,((( and its been a while since my St Louis coaching days))))---if we get into a half court offense their defense (man/zone) can be shown quickly!

Speaking of Davis he was likely disappointed he did not play much last week. I suspect he plays more tonight due to Georgia Southern playing 4 guards at times. Miller may have a tough time matching up defensively in that situation. It will be critical for Hardy to hit a few perimeter shots to match the opponent as they make 9 per game on average. Jay Wright will have a challenge as he will likely guard Tookie Brown who is their best player and was freshman of the year last season. For those of you going he is number 4. Finally it would sure be nice if Bartley would get out of his slump tonight. He can do that by driving to the basket more. Hopefully we are celebrating another victory come 9:30 tonight. A good crowd can help that happen and i know a lot of you will try to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---I am trying to recall the night that Miller lit it up on 3s---just think if he can take opponent's 5 outside with him and hit those again---When he plays outside,((( and its been a while since my St Louis coaching days))))---if we get into a half court offense their defense (man/zone) can be shown quickly!
    at Georgia

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Speaking of Davis he was likely disappointed he did not play much last week. I suspect he plays more tonight due to Georgia Southern playing 4 guards at times. Miller may have a tough time matching up defensively in that situation. It will be critical for Hardy to hit a few perimeter shots to match the opponent as they make 9 per game on average. Jay Wright will have a challenge as he will likely guard Tookie Brown who is their best player and was freshman of the year last season. For those of you going he is number 4. Finally it would sure be nice if Bartley would get out of his slump tonight. He can do that by driving to the basket more. Hopefully we are celebrating another victory come 9:30 tonight. A good crowd can help that happen and i know a lot of you will try to make it.
    Bartley has a wrist injury; do you know if it is his shooting hand?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Bartley has a wrist injury; do you know if it is his shooting hand?
    I do not know which wrist is injured. Working some out of town these days so i don't get as much info as I sometimes did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    The blackout of the stands has had a tremendous impact.
    Depth perception?!
    I wonder if the rest of the team's 3pt. fg% is up from last year?
    I think PJ could shoot well no matter what the background!

UL Basketball Re: Hardy delivers immediate impact for Cajuns

Definitely Miller, especially since he is a starter. Don't know about PJ. How common is it for a non-starter to make all freshman? Don't know how many freshman are starting or having impacts across the league.

I do not remember an all freshman team for basketball, I could be wrong and probably am, but I do remember a freshman of the year.

There was no all freshman team last year.

http://sunbeltsports.org/news/2016/3.px?path=mbball

Thread Information