Thread: UL women hope to stay hot at home

1. UL Basketball UL women hope to stay hot at home

On one hand, the UL Ragin' Cajuns women's basketball program is just three games into an 18-game Sun Belt Conference schedule.

UL Basketball Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

Our women are not nearly as good as their record. That said, we should win both games this week, as we are 6-0 against teams with RPI rankings of 200 or worse, and 3-0 against non-division 1 teams. Both Georgia schools are worse than 200. Georgia State is 252 and Georgia Southern is 313.

By contrast, our women are 0-4 against teams in the top 200; two of those losses are to teams in the 100-200 range, on the road at USM [130] and at home to Houston [167]. Wins are nice, but we have a long way to go to be a good basketball team.

Women's RPI [per Warren Nolan] this morning is 189.

Default Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Our women are not nearly as good as their record. That said, we should win both games this week, as we are 6-0 against teams with RPI rankings of 200 or worse, and 3-0 against non-division 1 teams. Both Georgia schools are worse than 200. Georgia State is 252 and Georgia Southern is 313.

By contrast, our women are 0-4 against teams in the top 200; two of those losses are to teams in the 100-200 range, on the road at USM [130] and at home to Houston [167]. Wins are nice, but we have a long way to go to be a good basketball team.

Women's RPI [per Warren Nolan] this morning is 189.
    Got two studs coming in next year they should boost us up tremendously

UL Basketball Re: UL women hope to stay hot at home

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    Got two studs coming in next year they should boost us up tremendously
    We are young this year, but some of the young girls show promise. It is really hard to tell whether they are any good or not, as we play nobody.

I will say this about Brodhead: He is very smart this year to be giving all those young girls lots of playing time. That will only make them better, even if it is against bad teams.

Who is coming in? [Name/School/Position/Size?]

We are young this year, but some of the young girls show promise. It is really hard to tell whether they are any good or not, as we play nobody.

I will say this about Brodhead: He is very smart this year to be giving all those young girls lots of playing time. That will only make them better, even if it is against bad teams.

Who is coming in? [Name/School/Position/Size?]
    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.er/_/id/189248

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.er/_/id/189253

Twins from Texas

Quote Originally Posted by cajun_lannister View Post
    http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/189248

http://www.espn.com/high-school/girl.er/_/id/189253

Twins from Texas
    Did they transfer? They are no longer on the roster at their former high school, and I can't find them on any other team.

Did they transfer? They are no longer on the roster at their former high school, and I can't find them on any other team.
    Looks like both were recently kicked off the team.

http://www.theeagle.com/brazos_sports/basketball/big-third-quarter-helps-rudder-girls-basketball-team-beat-bryan/article_9dabd3c5-0d5b-5b5a-8009-d726fef848cf.html

It also looks like they were both nominated for the McDonalds All-American team with a bunch of other Texas players.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=.yjPEH0xcnLJL1Q

Two 5'8" guards who can play will definitely help. We shall see.

I really think it's time to stop thinking of women this way. Why do women continue to be objectified even in newspaper headlines. Why does it matter if our women athletes are "hot" or not?

Most importantly regarding any recruits.can they put the ball in the hoop.

Our team is very good at possessing the ball. Shooting, well, I've seen the ladies hang over 25 in one quarter then struggle to get to 10 the next. On more than one occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard1280 View Post
    I really think it's time to stop thinking of women this way. Why do women continue to be objectified even in newspaper headlines. Why does it matter if our women athletes are "hot" or not?

I was thinking the same thing

even if kicked off team are they still planning on attending our univ?

Thread Information