Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Preseason Rankings

1. Default Baseball Preseason Rankings

I, for one, detest preseason rankings but here's the first to come out. More excited about the fact that Perfect Game got the name right than our spot on the list.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/.?article=13435

Default Re: Baseball Preseason Rankings

Love it

3. UL Baseball Baseball

Link didn't work in first attempt.

13 Louisiana
    24 Coastal Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNDC View Post
    I, for one, detest preseason rankings but here's the first to come out. More excited about the fact that Perfect Game got the name right than our spot on the list.

This is actually the 2nd poll to come out. Collegiate Baseball Newspaper came out last month

We were 14

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-b.poll-12-19-16/

I'd be shocked if we aren't in the top 8 in D1Baseball's poll out early next week. Kendall has said repeatedly he expects this team to be in Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    I'd be shocked if we aren't in the top 8 in D1Baseball's poll out early next week. Kendall has said repeatedly he expects this team to be in Omaha.
    I don't think we'll be in the top 8 there either. I don't think he said he expects it, but said don't be surprised.

I don't put much stock into it other than it indicates how far we have come as a NATIONAL POWER and our peer's perception of expectations of UL. Nice to be recognized.

9. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Preseason Rankings

Being consistently ranked, having success in post season, posting, winning regular or tournament championships are all tools that will help in the future recruiting success. Having teams like Coastal Carolina also helps to draw better players who want to compete against the best.

Having a top tier facility will also be a great benefit. Next baseball step clubhouse, and better bleacher sections.

Having satellite trucks to build the brand, and grow revenue is vital to every thing.

UL also needs to be proactive in protecting Robe's health, lol

I'm proud of how far Robe has taken this program fighting every obstacle from day one, lack of scholarships, Fossil admonition to think small, Farmers public failure to close the deal on the first Tigue rebuild.

10. Default Re: Baseball Preseason Rankings

From a supporters point of view, I'm thrilled for Tony and our program to have earned this amount of national respect.

From purely a baseball stand point. I ____ing hate preseason love.

And I hate the word "expect" and I hate that "O" word being said any time prior to chartering a plane TO that "O" place.

Let's go pitch, hit and play defense see what happens later.

Unrelated note

Love that they used "Louisiana", but for the love of GOD can Alden or someone please hook us up with a better logo?? So many on the list look I guess you could say professional, and IMO ours looks silly. Like we don't belong, and we most definitely DO belong. Rant Over. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Unrelated note

Love that they used "Louisiana", but for the love of GOD can Alden or someone please hook us up with a better logo?? So many on the list look I guess you could say professional, and IMO ours looks silly. Like we don't belong, and we most definitely DO belong. Rant Over. Hahaha
    The FDL with works for me, especially if we can get Ragin Cajun in the design somehow. I hate the hot wheel and any of the designs with yellow in it. JMO

There should be NO YELLOW OR GREEN in any of our logos.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    There should be NO YELLOW OR GREEN in any of our logos.
    Word.

15. Default Re: Baseball Preseason Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    From a supporters point of view, I'm thrilled for Tony and our program to have earned this amount of national respect.

From purely a baseball stand point. I ____ing hate preseason love.

And I hate the word "expect" and I hate that "O" word being said any time prior to chartering a plane TO that "O" place.

Let's go pitch, hit and play defense see what happens later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information