Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

Default Re: Ozone on ESPN 1420

Quote Originally Posted by IndiaPaleAle View Post
    Nate, the name of the show is indeed "The Au-zone" (or, as is spelled in this thread, "The Ozone").

Thank you, everybody, for the kind words. We'll get better as we go along.
    O-ZONE, I like your show. Keep it real and when baseball season comes on, LET "THE ROBE" spread his wisdom. I know its a work in progress but I love your style of asking a question then letting the person talk. And O-ZONE is my little tweak to your name

Ian, listened to your debut and enjoyed it, especially your interview with Mike Detillier!
    James was "one-of-a-kind," and no one expects you to "take his place." Do what you do and you'll be fine. I DO think that MANY of us here on this board won't mind if you take our university to task when you feel the need. Good Luck and wishing you success, my friend!!

Nate, the name of the show is indeed "The Au

3. Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

Being one of a kind didn't make Bitter good.

4. Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

JPB conceived and created this Saturday morning baby, and for that I thank him.

Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Being one of a kind didn't make Bitter good.
    James is an "acquired taste" I'll grant you--my point to Ian was, aside from the Detillier and Robe interviews, that this was now HIS show, and people wouldn't expect him to be JPB 2.0

6. Default Re: Auzenne on ESPN 1420?

Quote Originally Posted by barisaxman View Post
    James is an "acquired taste" I'll grant you--my point to Ian was, aside from the Detillier and Robe interviews, that this was now HIS show, and people wouldn't expect him to be JPB 2.0
    Oh! I listened often when Robe was on. Too bad there was more Bitter and less Robe. Occasionally when Detillier was on.

Like I said being unique isn't always a good thing.

Nate, the name of the show is indeed "The Au-zone" (or, as is spelled in this thread, "The Ozone").

Thank you, everybody, for the kind words. We'll get better as we go along.
    How much time will you spend thanking sponsors. I realize there is no show without sponsors. However, Mr. Bitter went overboard on that to the point I would turn my radio off or move to music when he began mentioning them. He would spend so much time on that aspect you would forget the topic. His obsession with focusing on them actually hurt his sponsors as others were doing the same as I.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    How much time will you spend thanking sponsors. I realize there is no show without sponsors. However, Mr. Bitter went overboard on that to the point I would turn my radio off or move to music when he began mentioning them. He would spend so much time on that aspect you would forget the topic. His obsession with focusing on them actually hurt his sponsors as others were doing the same as I.
    Mike, my wife would want to slap me because I could recite his commercials along with him!

I have to give Bitter one thing in that I suspect the reason he did the radio show is to earn money to get his daughter through College. For that, I give him his props. As a radio guy not so much, he needs to keep his day job.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    My only question is can you now, in good conscience, patronize his old sponsors.
    does ozone have different sponsors?

Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll try to answer the questions one by one.

Yes, we will have sponsors. We're working on that now. Forgive this cheap plug, but if you and/or your business would like to sponsor the show, give Frank a call at Townsquare Media. The more sponsors, the merrier. As for commercial breaks, it'll be the same frequency as you hear during the week on ESPN 1420--three breaks an hour.

Coach Robe will be on in the coming weeks. Believe me, we all will be learning from his wisdom as baseball season goes along.

I wouldn't say Gov. Christy and I are boys, but I have met him a few times. Really nice guy. If he's not at the New Jersey Statehouse or governor's mansion, you can find him at Princeton baseball games with hot dog and/or Skittles in hand.

Yes, I do like IPAs. As for whether this IPA is juicy or dank, I'll let you be the judge.

Thanks again for all the kind words. I'll try to answer the questions one by one.

Yes, we will have sponsors. We're working on that now. Forgive this cheap plug, but if you and/or your business would like to sponsor the show, give Frank a call at Townsquare Media. The more sponsors, the merrier. As for commercial breaks, it'll be the same frequency as you hear during the week on ESPN 1420--three breaks an hour.

Coach Robe will be on in the coming weeks. Believe me, we all will be learning from his wisdom as baseball season goes along.

I wouldn't say Gov. Christy and I are boys, but I have met him a few times. Really nice guy. If he's not at the New Jersey Statehouse or governor's mansion, you can find him at Princeton baseball games with hot dog and/or Skittles in hand.

Yes, I do like IPAs. As for whether this IPA is juicy or dank, I'll let you be the judge.

No one would expect you to have a show without sponsors. That is not really feasible as it would not make financial sense. Glad to hear the frequency will be similar to the other shows. That is about right. WWL in New Orleans has lost plenty of listeners to their sports shows as commercials take roughly 25 minutes of every hour. That is obviously too much and glad to hear you will have something that is more of the normal variety. Some of Mr. Bitter's sponsors may want to hang on with you. I am sure you are calling them and I wish you luck with that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Listen for about 5 minutes and couldn't take it anymore. He is no bitter and has a long way to go if he'll make it as long as my man jpb did.
    Hopefully he is no Bitter. Heard him once and couldn't listen to him ever again.

Ian on the sportsnote today at 11:15ish after Moon Griffon (always have moon on the full moon of each month) Cajuns assist BB coach Kevin Johnson on Different-Notes at 10a

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    Ian on the sportsnote today at 11:15ish after Moon Griffon (always have moon on the full moon of each month) Cajuns assist BB coach on Different-Notes at 10a
    Best hour of the week when Coach Johnson is on.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information