Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 69, ULM 60

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Did Jay mention attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Did Jay mention attendance?

Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    Hopefully we surpass 5000 next Saturday when Georgia Southern comes in. Students will be back so it is possible. As far as tonight goes, ULM controlled the tempo by making it a half court game. That is how they got back into in in the first part of the second half. You knew Richard would do that. Fortunately his guys struggled at the line while ours did well there after a slow start. I am sure their fans are bemoaning that stat. We really struggled finishing inside tonight and ULM's defense had something to do with that. Once again PJ Hardy shows that Bob Marlin may know a little more about recruiting than some of the experts on this site as he busted their zone in the first half with three triples and hit one at a critical time in the second half. Yes, I will remind people of that the entire season. If you want to know why, go back and look at some of the posts when we signed him back in April. I am sure those folks may come out of hiding next time he has a bad game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Hopefully we surpass 5000 next Saturday when Georgia Southern comes in. Students will be back so it is possible. As far as tonight goes, ULM controlled the tempo by making it a half court game. That is how they got back into in in the first part of the second half. You knew Richard would do that. Fortunately his guys struggled at the line while ours did well there after a slow start. I am sure their fans are bemoaning that stat. We really struggled finishing inside tonight and ULM's defense had something to do with that. Once again PJ Hardy shows that Bob Marlin may know a little more about recruiting than some of the experts on this site as he busted their zone in the first half with three triples and hit one at a critical time in the second half. Yes, I will remind people of that the entire season. If you want to know why, go back and look at some of the posts when we signed him back in April. I am sure those folks may come out of hiding next time he has a bad game.
    Hardy can light it up from downtown. Were you there tonight? Looked for ya but couldn't find you

I was there in my usual seat. Section 123, Row 9.

6. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    ULM had a good defensive game plan imo. Getting back quickly on D and really shutting down the lanes down low.

But as you say, our D is very good tonight
    --Gotta penetrate that 1-3-1 and then the back guesses wrong and our back guy will get easy buckets--mixing it up pretty good with the 2-3 and then Man---I just think that ULM's coach has always been very tough to beat!!!

7. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    --Gotta penetrate that 1-3-1 and then the back guesses wrong and our back guy will get easy buckets--mixing it up pretty good with the 2-3 and then Man---I just think that ULM's coach has always been very tough to beat!!!
    ---Lost my program but the best player on the court I think could be their #5 what a vertical--can drive all the way, pull up, and hit the 3---very tough dude!!! Think our big boy off the bench has seen the light--getting tougher every time---maybe he pulled ahead of Scottie and that had some bearing on his leaving!!!

I agree. They have played good D since he's been there and I though they had a great D plan tonight. Luckily we hit some 3s (thanks, PJ) and hit our FTs

---Lost my program but the best player on the court I think could be their #5 what a vertical--can drive all the way, pull up, and hit the 3---very tough dude!!! Think our big boy off the bench has seen the light--getting tougher every time---maybe he pulled ahead of Scottie and that had some bearing on his leaving!!!
    Bingo! Spot on.put another 15-20 pounds of muscle on the "big boy off the bench" and look out!

Stalcup did play well in his minutes today.impressed defensively

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Stalcup did play well in his minutes today.impressed defensively
    Although his block was great, it was there because he was beat very bad on defense and was able to recover. He isn't very quick at all

These Cajun uniforms, oooh.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    These Cajun uniforms, oooh.
    Yeah, really, easily our ugliest uniforms imho. I'm alright with black being an accent color, but when did grey qualify to be the entire color of our uniforms? And the fonts were to small to read, and way too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by GeauxCajuns View Post
    Although his block was great, it was there because he was beat very bad on defense and was able to recover. He isn't very quick at all
    Yes the block was sweet but he had completely lost track of his man and allowed him to get the pass wide open under the basket.
    The zone gave us fits for a while on offensive, we took some bad shots and made some bad passes. This team makes up for that on defense. ULM was not hitting the offensive boards at all, they all dropped back as soon as the shot went up. Good win. GEAUX CAJUNS

Didn't like the unis either. And we still don't wear the ones with Louisiana on the front even though ULM seems to have accepted it. ???

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yeah, really, easily our ugliest uniforms imho. I'm alright with black being an accent color, but when did grey qualify to be the entire color of our uniforms? And the fonts were to small to read, and way too busy.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . LastLast

Thread Information