Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 69, ULM 60

Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    There were several non complementary comments about several players over 7 years that were right about being recruited by us and SLCmost transferred to schools lower than SLC.having PJ Hardy doesn't change all that. Nothing that Marlin has done in 7 years in coaching or recruiting pointed to this team.nothing. This team is the exception not the rule under Marlin.
    Justin Miller is another recruit that is doing better than expected. You can probably add Roydell Brown to that list as well. In previous years, Bryant Mbamalu and Kasey Shepherd did better than expected. On the other hand, Heyward Register did not work out as well as we had hoped. You could say the same for Scottie Plaisance. That is the recruiting game. Hopefully the team we have now is indicative of what we will have going forward. With only one senior on this squad and three highly regarded transfers coming in as well as highly regarded recruit (he could be a bust-who knows), there is optimism for at least the next two years. You never know if chemistry will be an issue with those teams though. That appears to be a positive now. Someone asked to give examples of when people were wrong here. I provided some examples. The one I chuckle the most about was the view we would be the worst team in Louisiana this year as it occurred after a 70 point blowout. I can give you some more. Many people predicted the basketball team would win around ten games this year. They presented those as facts, not opinions as they were so sure the program was headed in the wrong direction. I predicted 17. Hopefully I am wrong as well there. I can give you another one that was wrong and it was something I said. I said the OL for the Cajuns football team would be improved this year. That crow tastes rancid.

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Justin Miller is another recruit that is doing better than expected. You can probably add Roydell Brown to that list as well. In previous years, Bryant Mbamalu and Kasey Shepherd did better than expected. On the other hand, Heyward Register did not work out as well as we had hoped. You could say the same for Scottie Plaisance. That is the recruiting game. Hopefully the team we have now is indicative of what we will have going forward. With only one senior on this squad and three highly regarded transfers coming in as well as highly regarded recruit (he could be a bust-who knows), there is optimism for at least the next two years. You never know if chemistry will be an issue with those teams though. That appears to be a positive now. Someone asked to give examples of when people were wrong here. I provided some examples. I can give you some more. Many people predicted the basketball team would win around ten games this year. They presented those as facts, not opinions as they were so sure the program was headed in the wrong direction. I predicted 17. Hopefully I am wrong as well there.
    Yeah, to win only 17 at this point would mean we fell apart in the last half the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Justin Miller is another recruit that is doing better than expected. You can probably add Roydell Brown to that list as well. In previous years, Bryant Mbamalu and Kasey Shepherd did better than expected. On the other hand, Heyward Register did not work out as well as we had hoped. You could say the same for Scottie Plaisance. That is the recruiting game. Hopefully the team we have now is indicative of what we will have going forward. With only one senior on this squad and three highly regarded transfers coming in as well as highly regarded recruit (he could be a bust-who knows), there is optimism for at least the next two years. You never know if chemistry will be an issue with those teams though. That appears to be a positive now. Someone asked to give examples of when people were wrong here. I provided some examples. I can give you some more. Many people predicted the basketball team would win around ten games this year. They presented those as facts, not opinions as they were so sure the program was headed in the wrong direction. I predicted 17. Hopefully I am wrong as well there.
    You sound like a broken record, we have a long way to go.you have been Bob's biggest defender no matter the situation. You are too close to the program to not take this personal and it shows. Nothing wrong with that, I've seen several people eat their crow on here.that should be good enough for you.

5. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Mike is asking for the detractors of Hardy to stand forward now. They've been strangely silent. This years team doesn't validate Marlin tenure, but it's a big step in the right direction. Most people on this site have been excited about the red shirting transfer. So a great freshman class with a promising group waiting in the wings.

Not many people have been more critical of Marlin than me. I've always hoped he'd prove me wrong. I'm delighted with where we are, and where we're headed next year.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike is asking for the detractors of Hardy to stand forward now. They've been strangely silent. This years team doesn't validate Marlin tenure, but it's a big step in the right direction. Most people on this site have been excited about the red shirting transfer. So a great freshman class with a promising group waiting in the wings.

Not many people have been more critical of Marlin than me. I've always hoped he'd prove me wrong. I'm delighted with where we are, and where we're headed next year.
    I'm excited about where we are.and where we are heading, finally. Add in all the new guys this year that appear to be good gets and Marlin has still missed a whole lot more than he has hit in recruiting.like a lot more. So to hear the same passive aggressive comnenta everytime someone says how much they like pj Hardy only puts a negative connotation on Hardy and what the team is doing IMO. To hear how good of a recruiter Marlin is everytime Hardy is mentioned is silly.he appears to have hit on Hardy, that doesn't make him a good recruiter. It's also very early in their careers, let's see how they develope.hell let's see if they are still here in a couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post

Says the guy who suggested boycotting the program is more helpful than supporting this mediocre team.

In all fairness, how many regular NBA starters has this program put out before Marlin? And Shawn Long is literally destroying the entire D-League right now.

Sure, he had some misses. Can we pause on all that ____ing and enjoy the ride? We really like ____ing in our Cheerios. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    You sound like a broken record, we have a long way to go.you have been Bob's biggest defender no matter the situation. You are too close to the program to not take this personal and it shows. Nothing wrong with that, I've seen several people eat their crow on here.that should be good enough for you.
    Mike is the most objective, and possibly the most knowledgeable fan here. You will always get an honest answer here from him.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    In all fairness, how many regular NBA starters has this program put out before Marlin? And Shawn Long is literally destroying the entire D-League right now.

Sure, he had some misses. Can we pause on all that ____ing and enjoy the ride? We really like ____ing in our Cheerios. LOL
    You can pee in the bowl from both sides and that's exactly what I'm saying. It isn't just one side who can ruin the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Mike is the most objective, and possibly the most knowledgeable fan here. You will always get an honest answer here from him.
    It wasn't a personal dig at mike, it's just the way I see it, I get it and like I said nothing wrong with it.

12. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs ULM

I'm not an advocate of supporting mediocre coaching year after year. Marlin fitted that, but he's here and doing well. Why would you think I'd want him to start losing? I've always said I'd be happy if he was to start winning every game here on out. Always said I'd be pleased as punch if he proved me wrong.

13. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Nobody thought EP would be a lottery pick when signed. Marlin was impressed with his ability at such a young age. Coach Marlin used his contracts to position EP in important international competition.

Long was a good get, but he wanted to be near his family. UL was the logical place for him. He was a reluctant student, and Marlin and staff really worked hard to keep him qualified.

So Marlin got lucky by circumstances in both these guys. One by youth, and the other by geography. So what? Jesse Evans gets Michael Southal by a chance encounter in an airport.

They're in charge and get both blame and glory. Good for coach Marlin.

I in the middle on Marlin so far, but having the most NBA players on your college team without high levels of success could be a knock, not a success. JMO

Stop with the BS that Marlin got "lucky" with those two players. No one recruited Elfrid and Marlin saw something in him when he was a junior. EP is the hardest working player I have watched.(Bryce is stepping up big time.) But do you think Marlin could have used is "connections" if Elfrid was good enough to be on those teams? Not only make the team but to start every game for team USA?
    As for Shawn he has said on multiple accounts that UL was his first choice and listened to some people that he should not have listened to. Shawn developed as a player because of the coaches we have here and they should get credit for it.
    I suppose next Marlin got lucky on Bartley coming here along with the 3 transfers this year. If you do not think college basketball is about building relationships and using them to your advantage you are a fool.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information