Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final Louisiana 69, ULM 60

Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Next Saturday forecast high of 77 with a 50% chance of evening showers. That shouldn't discourage attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Metry you are right in that Hardy has been huge for us from the perimeter this year. Yet, not one person who criticized his signing (and there are a few) has admitted they don't know much about what goes into recruiting. I suspect I will wait a long time before that happens. A lot more goes into it at our level than how many stars a guy has and who else is recruiting someone. How a guy will fit into your system and how he fits your needs is a big part of it. I never expected Hardy to be the zone buster he is. I expected he would be solid defensively due to his speed and not turn the ball over much due to how his brother did at McNeese. I figured he would be more than a solid contributor by his second year. That is another part of recruiting that people don't think about much. How will a guy respond to coaching and how much he can progress with time. It's not all about being a difference maker in Year 1. If that happens, so much the better and that is the case with Hardy this year.
    You keep bringing this up but no one really criticized the signing on here

https://forumeus.com/.mits-to-Cajuns

3. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Next Saturday forecast high of 77 with a 50% chance of evening showers. That shouldn't discourage attendance.
    ---Yes that with so many people coming lot C will be full and we will have to walk in the drizzle!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    who has been wrong about what?? Bring it!

Z
    People have been wrong in saying that Marlin was a poor recruiter because he signed Hardy. He may have made some mistakes but signing Hardy was not one of them. Another guy said that we would definitely be the worst D1 team in Louisiana this year. This was after we had beat Panhandle State by 70. Major point of the thread was that we should not schedule weak teams like that which I agree with. Taking that to the conclusion we were the worst team in Louisiana was obviously wrong. I don't know how we will do at ULM or in the tournament of we play them there. However at this point we are undefeated vs teams in Louisiana. I don't know if we are the best team in the state as some propose. I do know we are not the worst. Boomer is right in that some folks are wrong by what they post here and I just gave you some examples. Of course since the team under achieved compared to expectations last season, the narrative had to be that everything the staff did was a poor decision. Reality is they make some good decisions and some not so good. I myself was very wrong in that an AD change would not occur as soon as it did. I had no inside knowledge in that regard and believed that it would not occur until the contract ended. We all are wrong at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post

I recall someone saying that he was a poor recruit in their opinion and others saying signing him indicated we were trying to compete in the SLC. My point is none of us knows how these guys will turn out, either good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsheen#winnin View Post

Jeez half that thread was boomer describing how he invented basketball by nailing two peach baskets to the rafters or something.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by charliek View Post
    Jeez half that thread was boomer describing how he invented basketball by nailing two peach baskets to the rafters or something.
    Boomer Naismith!

LMAO!!

Z

8. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Boomer Naismith!

LMAO!!

Z
    ---when you coach a defense like the 1-3-1 and see it run even years later---you know the parts that can be attacked by the offense---I am readingBryce's article this AM and think that he is reading my mind like my post last night about penetrating and giving it up---and the defending after they beat the point on defense---back wing saves the day!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

who has been wrong about what?? Bring it!

Z
    I was wrong once Z. I told everybody how good I looked in a mesh thong. It is true that I look magnificent in a mesh thong. but I was wrong in posting it on here. I think quite a few marriages were challenged over it. And that just isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    People have been wrong in saying that Marlin was a poor recruiter because he signed Hardy. He may have made some mistakes but signing Hardy was not one of them. Another guy said that we would definitely be the worst D1 team in Louisiana this year. This was after we had beat Panhandle State by 70. Major point of the thread was that we should not schedule weak teams like that which I agree with. Taking that to the conclusion we were the worst team in Louisiana was obviously wrong. I don't know how we will do at ULM or in the tournament of we play them there. However at this point we are undefeated vs teams in Louisiana. I don't know if we are the best team in the state as some propose. I do know we are not the worst. Boomer is right in that some folks are wrong by what they post here and I just gave you some examples. Of course since the team under achieved compared to expectations last season, the narrative had to be that everything the staff did was a poor decision. Reality is they make some good decisions and some not so good. I myself was very wrong in that an AD change would not occur as soon as it did. I had no inside knowledge in that regard and believed that it would not occur until the contract ended. We all are wrong at times.
    So signing pj Hardy and having it work out makes Marlin a recruiting guru and totally over rides the other several misses over a 7 year period.you have been waiting 7 years to have ammo against the Marlin detractors, you are going overboard IMO just trying to tell people they were wrong. We are all Cajun fans, we are glad we are better than we thought, we like pj Hardy. All his misses and transfers are just part of today's game as you say.well so is hitting on a player every now and then.

11. UL Basketball Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Mike may be right. There were some non complementary comments about Hardy only being recruited by us and SLC teams. I don't think that it went much more than a concern. It like so many things said in the past isn't worth the research. I think everyone is happy we got Mr. Hardy. Probably making the all freshman team and all conferences team.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ---when you coach a defense like the 1-3-1 and see it run even years later---you know the parts that can be attacked by the offense---I am readingBryce's article this AM and think that he is reading my mind like my post last night about penetrating and giving it up---and the defending after they beat the point on defense---back wing saves the day!!!
    Never, ever let me hear of you speaking about penetrating and giving up!!!! Not acceptable! Do your kegels!!!

Z

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    I was wrong once Z. I told everybody how good I looked in a mesh thong. It is true that I look magnificent in a mesh thong. but I was wrong in posting it on here. I think quite a few marriages were challenged over it. And that just isn't right.
    you are such a magnificent beast!!!!

Z

14. Default Re: Louisiana vs ULM

Never, ever let me hear of you speaking about penetrating and giving up!!!! Not acceptable! Do your kegels!!!

Z
    --New year's advice from the master!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Mike may be right. There were some non complementary comments about Hardy only being recruited by us and SLC teams. I don't think that it went much more than a concern. It like so many things said in the past isn't worth the research. I think everyone is happy we got Mr. Hardy. Probably making the all freshman team and all conferences team.
    There were several non complementary comments about several players over 7 years that were right about being recruited by us and SLCmost transferred to schools lower than SLC.having PJ Hardy doesn't change all that. Nothing that Marlin has done in 7 years in coaching or recruiting pointed to this team.nothing. This team is the exception not the rule under Marlin.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread Information