Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MBB Final: Louisiana 71, Arkansas State 74

Default Re: Louisiana at stAte MBB

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun97 View Post
    Lose another game due to free throws
    You lose or win at that charity line. It has been proven many times in many games. If you hit 75% you win most games. 50% want get it.

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    I'm predicting a W in Little Rock. If we lose, it's on me.
    ULM took them to OT before losing today.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Perhaps a smart risk by fouling a freshman on that last inbound. Maybe just bad luck, we will win big in Lafayette.
    It worked for them, this time.

Why was Bryce taking that last 3 point shot? This reminds me of last year with Shawn (though, he was capable of making 3s).
    Bryce should have been in-bounding to Bartley, not vice-versa. We should have had our 4 best 3 point shooters on the court with 3 seconds left.

Quote Originally Posted by DocCajun View Post
    FTs.COME ON!
    Story of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Perhaps a smart risk by fouling a freshman on that last inbound. Maybe just bad luck, we will win big in Lafayette.
    I am still half convinced we did foul intentionally there. It was a battle between the only two teams in America that you would rather they shoot 2 uncontested free throws than a contested 3 pointer.

Still, it was a very good basketball game for long stretches, especially the middle of the 2nd half when each team traded baskets almost every time down the floor.

Good game fellas. I am not looking forward to trying to figure out how to win in Lafayette.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    I am still half convinced we did foul intentionally there. It was a battle between the only two teams in America that you would rather they shoot 2 uncontested free throws than a contested 3 pointer.

Still, it was a very good basketball game for long stretches, especially the middle of the 2nd half when each team traded baskets almost every time down the floor.

Good game fellas. I am not looking forward to trying to figure out how to win in Lafayette.
    I think you're right about the foul. I thought it was a smart move given our FT woes

We are soft in the post. We need an athletic big man who is strong and can play above the rim. Too many missed layups, and uncontested post shots by the opposing team. Same issue at Georgia.

Is it too much to expect D1 basketball players on full scholarship to hit at least 65% of their FREE throws!!!!!! 😡😡😡

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06 View Post
    We are soft in the post. We need an athletic big man who is strong and can play above the rim. Too many missed layups, and uncontested post shots by the opposing team. Same issue at Georgia.
    LOL. We definitely have some issues, but lack of quality bigs is WAY down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    LOL. We definitely have some issues, but lack of quality bigs is WAY down the list.
    Uh yea, Washington is a beast

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Is it too much to expect D1 basketball players on full scholarship to hit at least 65% of their FREE throws!!!!!! 😡😡😡
    No ____. The more things change, the more they remain the same

Z

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Worrying about bigs in SUn Belt play is quite silly. The one thing the Sun Belt doesn't have this year is a true Big man. Washington is good, and Kevin Hervey at UTA is good, but Hervey doesn't really qualify as a true post either as much as he pops out on the floor.

It's a guard oriented league. Always has been, always will be.

14. Default Re: Louisiana at stAte MBB

Disaaponting loss. We played well enough to win. And that's the disappointing part. Thought guard play was spotty defensively. Gotta make damn free throws guys

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    A State missed a lot of free throws too in the second half. Still, we had a senior and a freshman miss one and one attempts in the last minute. Pressure in that situation is greater than when shooting two.
    Check box score. Freshman and senior both pull clank for 2 down 33-30. Heard it in car on way to party. Turned it off at that point.

Just one of those nights, not a pattern.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information