Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: G5 Playoff

Default Re: G5 Playoff

not the worst idea ive ever heard. I am a little wary of the source though, I would hope all networks would have a fair and equal opportunity to bid for it.

Separation continues.

Trash.

To me it puts up a glass ceiling between mid-majors and high majors.

If we don't aspire to become a P5 school, we shouldn't be in the FBS.

Relegated to the NIT before the first snap of the season? Not no but hell no. You can wipe your behind with that garbage.

Champion of WHAT, exactly?

No. Just no.

What the P5 schools needs to be pushing right now is an 8 team playoff that consists of the champions of the P5 conferences, 2 at large schools, and the highest ranked G5 school.

It's not my preferred playoff, but it is doable. There are already a growing number of voices pushing an 8 team playoff. We need to jump on that bandwagon and make sure they save a seat for us.

I would be in favor of a P5 Playoff on one bracket and a G5 Playoff in another bracket, with the two champions meeting to decide the National Championship. Similar to NFC and AFC. I don't see why this would be not at least considered.

I'd envision 6 teams in each bracket. The 5 P5 Conference champions and 1 at-large. The 5 G5 Champs and 1 at-large.

This would be a fair and really exciting Playoff.

We play for a New Orleans bowl berth with a 1 in 68 (G5 schools) chance of making it into the big bowl. A playoff gives you something to play for.

We will never play for a football national championship at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by bmv90 View Post
    We play for a New Orleans bowl berth with a 1 in 68 (G5 schools) chance of making it into the big bowl. A playoff gives you something to play for.
    True, but it basically returns your back to a second tier subdivision. Sounds like the 1970s all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    True, but it basically returns your back to a second tier subdivision. Sounds like the 1970s all over again.
    And I know it's not a popular idea, but it might be necessary. On a theoretical level, 1 in 128 teams have a chance at the National Championship. On an actual level, 1 in 64ish have a chance. The other 64 play for bowl games. It's the worst post-season in sports.

13. Default Re: G5 Playoff

This is major conferences using ESPN to push a narrative. P5 want G5 to be totally separated. This is all about that.

I'm only for it if the P5 & G5 champions meet up in a winner take all final.of course that will never happen. It does sound fun though.

That would be a "death nail" to the coffin of our program.

T your right. It would just be 1A and 1AA all over again and FCS would become D-II football.

All of these G5 conferences will struggle for TV packages and corporate sponsors.

Just for kickswithout looking at Google.Who's playing for the FCS championship in a few weeks?

My point is to illustrate how irrelevant we will become with a G5 playoff

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information