Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread: G5 Playoff

Default Re: G5 Playoff

Well at least you admitting a measly no name bowl is our only hope. Now tell that to the rest of the ppl who think somehow any Sunbelt team will make a NY6 bowl. It will NEVER happen even if a Sunbelt team goes undefeated.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Would you rather trade places with NDSU??.if we wanted to win FCS championships we would have stayed at that level 35 years ago.we chose to move up knowing damn well we were going to play for a bowl game not a National Championship. Only about 30 schools in the nation have a realistic shot at winning a National Championship at the FBS Level. Not to mention, who ever wins this "g5 playoff" would no way, shape or form be preceived as a National Champion.only a champion of the G5s.
    And NDSU is about on par with us on budget, so not to bad for a little ole FCS program.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    And NDSU is about on par with us on budget, so not to bad for a little ole FCS program.
    Not at all, but I still wouldn't change places with them.

Well at least you admitting a measly no name bowl is our only hope. Now tell that to the rest of the ppl who think somehow any Sunbelt team will make a NY6 bowl. It will NEVER happen even if a Sunbelt team goes undefeated.
    Yes it will.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Heck no! North Dakota women are hideous!

That will change. Their 15 minutes are almost up. Much like the old Yale, Army, Navy, Harvard national football powers. It's all cyclical.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Yes it will.
    Well hope for that in one hand, and ____ in the other hand. Let me know which one fills up first.

My point is we at this point have reached our ceiling, a no name bowl against another G5 team of similar standing. That is it!
    No way no how, will a sunbelt team make a NY6 bowl. Sunbelt team would have to go undefeated and MWC/AAC/MAC's best team would have to lose 2-3 games. That is the difference they have on us.

And they wouldnt with us.

Not to mention, who ever wins this "g5 playoff" would no way, shape or form be preceived as a National Champion.only a champion of the G5s.
    This is key. The FCS champion is a legit national champion. Our WBB team won a national championship the last two years. Anyone thinks of them as national champions?

G5 champion is not a "national champion."

PS It costs money to get to this extra game. We'd just be used by ESPN to fill some Wednesday in December when nothing's going on. How exciting.

There's literally nothing good about a G5 championship whatsoever. Not one damn thing.

Consersely, such a white flag of surrender invites more separation on the field when P5 feels loose to set its own rules to separate itself from us.

No, no, no, no, no.

I do not ever want to be the "G5 champion" unless that means I get to go to the Cotton or Peach Bowl or something actually meaningful.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    This is key. The FCS champion is a legit national champion. Our WBB team won a national championship the last two years. Anyone thinks of them as national champions?

G5 champion is not a "national champion."

PS It costs money to get to this extra game. We'd just be used by ESPN to fill some Wednesday in December when nothing's going on. How exciting.

There's literally nothing good about a G5 championship whatsoever. Not one damn thing.

Consersely, such a white flag of surrender invites more separation on the field when P5 feels loose to set its own rules to separate itself from us.

No, no, no, no, no.

I do not ever want to be the "G5 champion" unless that means I get to go to the Cotton or Peach Bowl or something actually meaningful.
    Yea cuz losing the NOLA bowl, or vacated two NOLA bowls are so much more glamorous.

As an ex-athlete at UL, I could not see being involved in a sport where you have absolutely NO chance of even being in the conversation for a national championship. I could see it now, instead of me running at Regionals in Indiana in 2005 with a chance to go to Nationals, I would instead go to an invite in Shreveport. "Great season, Walt. You made it to LSU-Shreveport Invitational End of the Season bowl"

12. Default

Which is why we need out of the sunbelt

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    Not saying it's going to happen. but I sure wouldn't mind being included in a reformation of a conference made out of a more cohesive set of regional G5 programs.

These G5 members are talking about this because they see the writing on the wall. The split is coming.

Then when a first round playoff game comes on at the same time with our prestigious NOLA bowl, we will see what relegation is really like. It is called ESPNU at 11am. Or even worst, ESPNU at 11am on a Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ManAboutTown View Post
    No doubt.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . LastLast

Thread Information