Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I understand that perspective but your response fails to address my main point which is the OL issues greatly limit your options. In the USM game, we had the surprise pass from Ray, a pass from Riles, and a direct snap to Eli. We did try some wrinkles. At crunch time the OL issues concern overrode everything else. Any on field talk about our offense should begin and end with a focus on that unit.
    Success all starts up front, on both sides of the ball.

Default Re: Bowl Victories

I understand that perspective but your response fails to address my main point which is the OL issues greatly limit your options. In the USM game, we had the surprise pass from Ray, a pass from Riles, and a direct snap to Eli. We did try some wrinkles. At crunch time the OL issues concern overrode everything else. Any on field talk about our offense should begin and end with a focus on that unit.
    I agree with you that our weakness at OL was a major issue on running any type of offense. QB and OL are tied at the hip and both look bad if one is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I agree with you that our weakness at OL was a major issue on running any type of offense. QB and OL are tied at the hip and both look bad if one is bad.
    No argument. Play from both areas was not strong enough in the USM game.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I don't think this thread itself is dumb. Hammering Hudspeth for losing to USM is stupid, but the fact that the SBC is sitting at 4-1 so far this bowl season is pretty impressive. Maybe it'll help with the all important "perception of the SBC" that we hear so much about.
    Misery loves company. Air Force beat South Alabama 45-21.

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Misery loves company. Air Force beat South Alabama 45-21.
    Worst SBC bowl loss this season & they jumped out to a big lead. AF tied the score just before halftime. Apparently they dominated USA in the second half. Was sorta hoping they'd win it. But oh well.

6. UL Football Re: Bowl Victories

I understand that perspective but your response fails to address my main point which is the OL issues greatly limit your options. In the USM game, we had the surprise pass from Ray, a pass from Riles, and a direct snap to Eli. We did try some wrinkles. At crunch time the OL issues concern overrode everything else. Any on fielkd talk about our offense should begin and end with a focus on that unit.
    There's no doubt that the OLine has struggled to protect the quarterback in the last two seasons. It's also true that even with ample time Jennings struggled to find receivers, and struggled to deliver sharply thrown accurate passes.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    Worst SBC bowl loss this season & they jumped out to a big lead. AF tied the score just before halftime. Apparently they dominated USA in the second half. Was sorta hoping they'd win it. But oh well.
    USA went up quick 21-3, and was out scored 42-0 from then on.

Clemson or Bama

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Clemson or Bama

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    I don't know. l really like Dabo Sweeney, but the "smart" money will be on Bama. But don't underestimate Clemson. I think it will be a low scoring game & l'm leaning toward Clemson.

I want Clemson.

A sport where the same damn team keeps winning the championship (unless it's our team) is just gets too dang boring.

I'd like a close game to watch, but one where Clemson wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDreDog View Post
    USA went up quick 21-3, and was out scored 42-0 from then on.
    Despite the USA loss, the MAC's struggles in the bowls did allow the SBC to get third place amongst the G5 leagues. That is 6 million for the league schools to share which is 4 million more than received last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2 View Post
    I don't know. l really like Dabo Sweeney, but the "smart" money will be on Bama. But don't underestimate Clemson. I think it will be a low scoring game & l'm leaning toward Clemson.
    Clemson will have a very hard time beating Alabama in a low scoring game. Their best bet is a track meet.

this will be the only time i say go tigers

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I want Clemson.

A sport where the same damn team keeps winning the championship (unless it's our team) is just gets too dang boring.

I'd like a close game to watch, but one where Clemson wins.
    I have to pull for Alabama because of my LSU loving neighbors that HATE it each time Alabama wins another championship.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information