Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Victories

Default Bowl Victories

Sunbelt record so far. 4 wins 1 loss , who loss, Hud

Default Re: Bowl Victories

Even Nick Saban has lost some bowl games.

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    This thread is dumb and you should feel dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRebel View Post
    This thread is dumb and you should feel dumb.
    How despondent is Farmer still?

Coach Scam Hud is 2-3 in bowl games and 24-31 overall at USL.and please don't play any more CUSA schoolsthey kick your a_ _ everytimeas evidenced by SOUTHERM Miss and the UNIVERSITY OF RUSTON.who just beat a ranked team in the bowl game and played for their conference championship again this season

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    Yep, lets all move to Idaho. They won and put up 60 points in their bowl game.

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

I don't think this thread itself is dumb. Hammering Hudspeth for losing to USM is stupid, but the fact that the SBC is sitting at 4-1 so far this bowl season is pretty impressive. Maybe it'll help with the all important "perception of the SBC" that we hear so much about.

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Hammering Hudspeth for losing to USM is stupid.
    With under two minutes left, down by a touchdown, we ran up the middle twice. A third play got us close enough to the sticks to call for a measurement, stopping the clock so we could call a play.

The chain gang came onto the field, measured, the ref signalled, the chain gang went back to the sidelines, repositioned themselves, the refs reset the ball for play, and wound the clock.

The coaches still hadn't called an offensive play, so the offense looked to the sidelines for the play as the clock ticked.

They looked as confused as the first day of spring practice. Most teams practice the two-minute offense towards the end of every single practice during the season.

I wouldn't say blaming Hudspeth for the loss is "stupid." In fact, I think that conclusion is more than reasonable.

Just my $.02.

#1 Complaint against Hud: Play calling/Game management -- on display in 4K HD last two minutes in NOLA.

Quote Originally Posted by tdncz View Post
    #1 Complaint against Hud: Play calling/Game management -- on display in 4K HD last two minutes in NOLA.
    There are no TV channels broadcasting in 4K yet, but I get what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    With under two minutes left, down by a touchdown, we ran up the middle twice. A third play got us close enough to the sticks to call for a measurement, stopping the clock so we could call a play.

The chain gang came onto the field, measured, the ref signalled, the chain gang went back to the sidelines, repositioned themselves, the refs reset the ball for play, and wound the clock.

The coaches still hadn't called an offensive play, so the offense looked to the sidelines for the play as the clock ticked.

They looked as confused as the first day of spring practice. Most teams practice the two-minute offense towards the end of every single practice during the season.

I wouldn't say blaming Hudspeth for the loss is "stupid." In fact, I think that conclusion is more than reasonable.

Just my $.02.
    That occurred because they had no confidence in the OL. They were hoping to run for the first down and then spike it. The majority of the problems all point back to the issues with that group. I hope they take it upon themselves to have the attitude the basketball team had in the offseason and that is we are going to prove people wrong. Having said that, I hope I have not jinked the roundballers by saying something good about them with conference play upcoming. Regardless, if OL focuses on improving in the off season the way basketball guys did, maybe they can be competent next season. I am not asking for conference dominance. Just give the rest of the team a chance by holding your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That occurred because they had no confidence in the OL. They were hoping to run for the first down and then spike it. The majority of the problems all point back to the issues with that group. I hope they take it upon themselves to have the attitude the basketball team had in the offseason and that is we are going to prove people wrong. Having said that, I hope I have not jinked the roundballers by saying something good about them with conference play upcoming. Regardless, if OL focuses on improving in the off season the way basketball guys did, maybe they can be competent next season. I am not asking for conference dominance. Just give the rest of the team a chance by holding your own.
    That leads to the predicament of how to prepare for a game. Do you play to your best attributes and avoid your faults, like running the ball when it's an obvious pass play or running up the middle with an injured light running back or do you try and accomplish what should be done in calling plays that offset the obvious and try your luck at actually surprising the defense. When running an offense that enables success when done correctly, shows the players (and fans) that you are doing whatever you can to succeed whether the players can meet up to the challenge or not. Playing it safe, and adjusting your offense to run plays that you think are the ones that can be succsessful shows your limitations, and will most likely fail, because they become predictable. That is what we are, predictable and boring with little success.

Wrong thread. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Thanks for the possible GriGri on our bball squad. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    That leads to the predicament of how to prepare for a game. Do you play to your best attributes and avoid your faults, like running the ball when it's an obvious pass play or running up the middle with an injured light running back or do you try and accomplish what should be done in calling plays that offset the obvious and try your luck at actually surprising the defense. When running an offense that enables success when done correctly, shows the players (and fans) that you are doing whatever you can to succeed whether the players can meet up to the challenge or not. Playing it safe, and adjusting your offense to run plays that you think are the ones that can be succsessful shows your limitations, and will most likely fail, because they become predictable. That is what we are, predictable and boring with little success.
    I understand that perspective but your response fails to address my main point which is the OL issues greatly limit your options. In the USM game, we had the surprise pass from Ray, a pass from Riles, and a direct snap to Eli. We did try some wrinkles. At crunch time the OL issues concern overrode everything else. Any on field talk about our offense should begin and end with a focus on that unit.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information