Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Bowl Victories

1. Default Re: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ten schools Boomer, not eleven. That's cool hundred K per school.
    ----Want to check your post about the amount and check with Beau on the # of schools---$100K per school, where do you get that #???

Default Re: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We're going to give a share to Coastal Mike? Seems premature to do so.
    Coastal Carolina will not get a share until they are a football playing member which starts in 2018. There are 11 schools without Coastal Carolina. Once they join, there will be 10 schools as Idaho and NMSU move on.

Quote Originally Posted by ulXrunner View Post
    Thanks for the possible GriGri on our bball squad. Haha
    ulXcheck your email for ticket transfer for Saturday's games.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    .it's reputation of the bottom tier FBS conference that is constantly looking to add FCS programs to it's membership
    2 things.

First, if all this year accomplished is to get people to think of the SBC as "bottom tier" and not the "worst conference in FBS", then that is still great improvement and I'll take it. We are part of that SBC/MAC/CUSA tier. Now, let's keep up the momentum and try to get some daylight between us and the other 2.

Second, I have absolutely no problem with FCS additions if they add value to the league. Where would we be if we had said no more FCS schools a few years ago? In a much worse position. That's where.

Suppose a couple of MVC schools with bad-arse basketball programs want to join and go FBS? Suppose an east coast FCS with historically great basketball, good football and a boat load of old money wants to join? The point is Never Say Never.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    2 things.

First, if all this year accomplished is to get people to think of the SBC as "bottom tier" and not the "worst conference in FBS", then that is still great improvement and I'll take it. We are part of that SBC/MAC/CUSA tier. Now, let's keep up the momentum and try to get some daylight between us and the other 2.

It doesn't get people to believe that at all and that is the point I was making in concerns with Boomer's comments. You don't have the body of work to claim the SBC is in the MAC/CUSA tier yet. One year or two years of a larger FBS Bowl Playoff share doesn't overcome the fact that both MAC and CUSA have had programs ranked in the Top 25 and that played in the Access Bowl. The SBC has yet to reach that goal and thus there is no momentum in gaining National Attention outside the SBC and it's fan base.

Second, I have absolutely no problem with FCS additions if they add value to the league. Where would we be if we had said no more FCS schools a few years ago? In a much worse position. That's where.

If you are defining adding value outside of football, then you are not getting it! Basketball is a distant second when it comes to marque sports and revenue possibilities. Football drives the bus and that is why App. State and Georgia Southern have worked out well; Both brought winning football traditions. Coastal Carolina is not an equal trade off for Idaho, their football program and facilities are not on par with either of the programs mentioned above.

The Cajun's will travel to a football facility next year that sits less than 17,000 fans. Until they win in the SBC and improve their facilities, they do nothing to alleviate the stain of the SBC being an FBS halfway house for FCS programs making the jump. Sorry, that is a fact outside the fan base of SBC programs. While Coastal Carolina will improve the SBC status in NCAA Baseball, it does nothing to advance Boomer or your arguments that we are somehow on par with CUSA and the MAC.

The increase in revenue share is great considering our current economic situation, but it does not immediately elevate the SBC to MAC or CUSA status after one season.

Suppose a couple of MVC schools with bad-arse basketball programs want to join and go FBS? Suppose an east coast FCS with historically great basketball, good football and a boat load of old money wants to join? The point is Never Say Never.

The MVC has had a number of bad-arse basketball programs over the year, aren't most of them still playing football in the FCS? Again, NCAA Football drives the bus for conference realignment. Waiting on programs like Coastal Carolina to elevate their football programs only sets the SBC back in improving it's brand. The time is now, we can't afford to continue to wait for the SBC to improve it's brand. The future is now, that is why 6 current SBC programs have continued to discuss future expansion and conference realignment with CUSA. The future is not the SBC.

6. Default Re: Bowl Victories

[QUOTE=CajunT;972487]

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post

Financially it is good news for the conference and UL. The problem is the payout does nothing to improve your brand outside of the SBC with media or potential student athletes. The payout is something that can change from year-to-year depending upon your conferences performances in bowl games. So what happens this year has no affect on your conference's preseason RPI or potential because bowl match-ups are not known until December. The SBC brand, or UL brand does not benefit long term from yearly bowl payouts unless it starts winning more games against higher ranked opponents during the regular season and sheds it's reputation of the bottom tier FBS conference that is constantly looking to add FCS programs to it's membership.

Boomer's mistake is equating the improved financial status of the SBC with higher brand recognition and power ranking. While it may in the long term help the conference achieve higher status, right now it simply means the 2016 football season was a good one for SBC football.
    ----AAh T---you are referencing the wrong post but since you mentioned it and attributing something to me I didn't post-----(my equating of the improved financial status is based on the power ranking)---Can't you ever be positive or happy about anything???

[QUOTE=Boomer;972551]

AAh T---you are referencing the wrong post but since you mentioned it and attributing something to me I didn't post

-(my equating of the improved financial status is based on the power ranking)---Can't you ever be positive or happy about anything???

Actually Boomer I am positive of one thing, you absolutely suffer from permanent head up the _____ syndrome!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8. Default Re: Bowl Victories

[QUOTE=CajunT;972631]

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Actually Boomer I am positive of one thing, you absolutely suffer from permanent head up the _____ syndrome!
    ---And once again the same tired old BS instead of explaining your post---BTW I think if somebody's head is up something it would be your's up Alden's AZZZZ, as that is your constant use in all your posts----LOL----think positive!!!

[QUOTE=Boomer;972653]

---And once again the same tired old BS instead of explaining your post---BTW I think if somebody's head is up something it would be your's up Alden's AZZZZ, as that is your constant use in all your posts

LOL

think positive!!!

Thanks Boomer, because if I have my head is up Alden's azz, it means I buried it in someone that actually knows something.😎

10. Default Re: Bowl Victories

[QUOTE=CajunT;972665]

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Thanks Boomer, because if I have my head is up Alden's azz, it means I buried it in someone that actually knows something.😎
    ---OK!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information