Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    I have to pull for Alabama because of my LSU loving neighbors that HATE it each time Alabama wins another championship.
    Playing right into the stereotype cast on UL fans.

2. Default Re: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Despite the USA loss, the MAC's struggles in the bowls did allow the SBC to get third place amongst the G5 leagues. That is 6 million for the league schools to share which is 4 million more than received last year.
    ----While I know it is not big news to some and I guess some are ____ed because they were wrong in our standings as a conference----Mike how do you know---what is it based on and where can we see it ??? Could you post it and please get the info out asap to all the coaches----What a pump if used correctly going into the final recruiting month!!! WOW GEAUX CAjuns!!!

Default Re: Bowl Victories

[QUOTE=Boomer;972387]

Jay Walker announced on Bird's Eye View on Tuesday that the SBC had passed up the MAC in the final standings and what the financial impact of that was. I trust his info is correct and I am not exactly sure how it is computed. I also am confident the coaches are aware of this news. As we will net 545 thousand this year (6 million/11 schools), vs 185 thousand last year due to this improvement, I am sure our administrators and coaches are aware of the situation. Now we need to be more competitive in this improved league.

[QUOTE=Cajunsmike;972469]

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Jay Walker announced on Bird's Eye View on Tuesday that the SBC had passed up the MAC in the final standings and what the financial impact of that was. I trust his info is correct and I am not exactly sure how it is computed. I also am confident the coaches are aware of this news. As we will net 545 thousand this year (6 million/11 schools), vs 185 thousand last year due to this improvement, I am sure our administrators and coaches are aware of the situation. Now we need to be more competitive in this improved league.
    This is great freakin news!!!!

Together we rise, lol!

[QUOTE=CajunRebel;972471]

This is great freakin news!!!!

Together we rise, lol!

We can accomplish all of our goals in the Sun Belt!

6. UL Football Re: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    this will be the only time i say go tigers
    For what it's worth I'll pull for Clemson because the last time they won a national title Nelson Stokley was the offensive coordinator.

Awesome!

This, and now the basketball season is the best the SBC has had so far, and next our diamond sports are gonna shine brighter than ever before.

Best athletic year the SBC has ever had.

8. UL Football Re: Bowl Victories

We're going to give a share to Coastal Mike? Seems premature to do so.

9. Default Re: Bowl Victories

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We're going to give a share to Coastal Mike? Seems premature to do so.
    ---Do any of the non FB schools get part of the Cache???

10. UL Football Re: Bowl Victories

Don't think non football schools share.

11. Default Re: Bowl Victories

Don't think non football schools share.
    0k---let's check---how many FB schools???----divide the take $6 mill by that # and we get our share---any math majors??

[QUOTE=Cajunsmike;972469]

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Financially it is good news for the conference and UL. The problem is the payout does nothing to improve your brand outside of the SBC with media or potential student athletes. The payout is something that can change from year-to-year depending upon your conferences performances in bowl games. So what happens this year has no affect on your conference's preseason RPI or potential because bowl match-ups are not known until December. The SBC brand, or UL brand does not benefit long term from yearly bowl payouts unless it starts winning more games against higher ranked opponents during the regular season and sheds it's reputation of the bottom tier FBS conference that is constantly looking to add FCS programs to it's membership.

Boomer's mistake is equating the improved financial status of the SBC with higher brand recognition and power ranking. While it may in the long term help the conference achieve higher status, right now it simply means the 2016 football season was a good one for SBC football.

13. UL Football Re: Bowl Victories

Ten schools Boomer, not eleven. That's cool hundred K per school.

Ten schools Boomer, not eleven. That's cool hundred K per school.
    There are 11 football schools in the SBC this year.

15. Default Re: Bowl Victories

You're right

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information