Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Armed Forces Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by California Cajun View Post
    Yeah we need to get the ethanol out of our tank.
    Somebody put diesel in the tank

Quote Originally Posted by Hark Mudspeth View Post
    Somebody put diesel in the tank
    I think someone 💩 In the tank.

Default Re: Armed Forces Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    And we're built better for a "high octane, high scoring" offense. The appeal will draw top caliber athletes AND supporters. It's not even debatable that our offense needs to be intelligently geared up.
    I don't understand though why all high octane offenses have to be accompanied by a sucky defense. Manny Diaz was the last decent defense we have had

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I don't understand though why all high octane offenses have to be accompanied by a sucky defense. Manny Diaz was the last decent defense we have had
    Because they usually don't control clock.you usually still win TOP but you either punt quick or score quick.not often it's long clock consuming drives. Your defense doesn't sit on the side very long. I also think mentally defenses with high powered offense don't feel like they need to hold the other team to 14-17 points.

Our pass defense was extremely bad this year and lost us some games

Our pass defense was extremely bad this year and lost us some games
    Ours did too but just in general teams with high powered offense's usually have bad defenses. Teams that usually have really good defenses often have either down right bad offense's or 3 yards and a cloud of dust type. When you have both, you have Alabama, Ohio state,Clemson,NE patriots

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

They have a name for teams that combine a high octane offense with a stout defense. They're called CHAMPIONS.

The last 2 TECH games against USL show just how far behind your program isTECH wins graduates more than 5 players a year and isn't filed with Coach supported thugs

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

The only valid excuse is the potentially fast turnover of the ball. But it's a marginal excuse. Some years, it just turns out your defense is exploited by poor matchups. But in general, I know what you mean. It baffles me how many high octane (great passing) offenses are accompanied by a porous defense.

I'd rather take that risk. We've had too many low octane offenses accompanied by a sucky defense. But some head coaches and staff have the skills to build good programs. and some don't. It isn't as random and "cyclical" as coaches purport. There's a reason for every season. Don't ever let them tell you otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LaCajunsFan View Post
    Yes, this is so true. What is really sickening is that whatever success they have is not supported by their fan base. That is the opposite of our situation. We have a fan base, and potentially a much larger one, that is just dying to support our programs, yet we are just barely treading water in FB, the most important program.
    But as many have noted recently, with the new AD coming and the total support of Doc S, we are really on our way. Great things are ahead for us.
    I figured you would attempt to spread misinformation about our bowl win, I decided to visit RP. As usual, you once again post misinformation, either knowingly or just because. In this thread you have posted at least two points that were untrue.

1- You said the teams scored on every possession. Fact is Navy punted three times and Tech punted twice. Each time lost one fumble. So much for your first display of ignorance/hate.

2- Fan support. Per the NCAA website: Tech averaged 20, 412/game. ULL averaged 20,224/game. So much for your second point of ignorance/hate

Why don't you bring your criticism of Tech to BBB? That would be the logical thing to do.

Nice visiting with you. Over and out until you man up and post your ignorance where it belongs which is on BBB. If you have been banned, you can always pose as "Shonuff," the ULM fan as you have done on the SBC/CUSA boards, or as VermillionWhite, geauxpnc, or other names you have used.

The fact is that whatever success is happening for @ruston on the FB field is also not helping their bottom line. From the last official state budgets:

1. Ticket Sales:
    ltu@ruston: 1,723,061
    UL: 2,992,9522,008,725, FB alone.

In other words, our FB sales outsell all of their other sportscombined.

2. Program, novelty, parking + Royalties, licensing, ads and sponsorships:
    ltu@ruston: 134,767 + 290,213 = 424,980
    UL: 670,257 + 948,931 = 1,619,188

Ragin4U's Avatar Ragin4U is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post
    Facts dont count for the laturd boys. They would rather soak in their own delusion.
    But gee whiz, if you are a kid trying to decide on a school, this video will definitely help make your decision:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TechAdmis.580737/video/1

For which they were made a national laughingstock, again:

http://www.barstoolsports.com/barsto.s-a-field-day/

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I figured you would attempt to spread misinformation about our bowl win, I decided to visit RP. As usual, you once again post misinformation, either knowingly or just because. In this thread you have posted at least two points that were untrue.

1- You said the teams scored on every possession. Fact is Navy punted three times and Tech punted twice. Each time lost one fumble. So much for your first display of ignorance/hate.

2- Fan support. Per the NCAA website: Tech averaged 20, 412/game. ULL averaged 20,224/game. So much for your second point of ignorance/hate

Why don't you bring your criticism of Tech to BBB? That would be the logical thing to do.

Nice visiting with you. Over and out until you man up and post your ignorance where it belongs which is on BBB. If you have been banned, you can always pose as "Shonuff," the ULM fan as you have done on the SBC/CUSA boards, or as VermillionWhite, geauxpnc, or other names you have used.
    We had a bad year was 2-4 at one point, played home at 11am twice one on the first weekend in September in 97 degree heat, and had a home Wednesday night game. When you do that and can average 20k let us know. You had one of your best years ever played for championship and struggled to get 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    We had a bad year was 2-4 at one point, played home at 11am twice one on the first weekend in September in 97 degree heat, and had a home Wednesday night game. When you do that and can average 20k let us know. You had one of your best years ever played for championship and struggled to get 20k.
    Again with facts and reality:

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin4U View Post

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information