Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Luke Johnson: Cajuns are close, but they won't turn the corner until they get better at QB

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Luke Johnson: Cajuns are close, but they won't turn the corner until they get better at QB

Quote Originally Posted by chauncey View Post
    Can the kid from Scotlandville throw?
    Yes. Levi can throw well. And he's a really good heads up runner. A lot of his passing yardage is due to some really good WRs YAC. But he does throw well. He has a quick release and he makes decisions quickly. I like him for UL.

Default Re: Luke Johnson: Cajuns are close, but they won't turn the corner until they get better at QB

I'm excited about getting him on campus too. What will Hud do with him.who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Yes. Levi can throw well. And he's a really good heads up runner. A lot of his passing yardage is due to some really good WRs YAC. But he does throw well. He has a quick release and he makes decisions quickly. I like him for UL.
    I saw him play a few times this year. Levi is a left handed Ray. He does lots of stuff on a high school field that he won't be able to do in college.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Hopefully the young man from Eunice will upgrade the center position.and I know that there are several JC or prep school tackles on the recruiting list. While the guards are young and improving, I wonder if any of them can pull, target, and hit anyone outside of a 10 yard window.
    Both guards need to get more lean over the offseason and work on quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bicky Rustle View Post
    Both guards need to get more lean over the offseason and work on quickness.
    Haha I agree, but man they are way more agile than our tackles. Smh

Who will be the QB next year? Are we recruiting a juco QB?

If one could read between the lines of today's interview on Sportschatthe staff will be looking for another transfer to come in at the QB spot for the 17 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    If one could read between the lines of today's interview on Sportschatthe staff will be looking for another transfer to come in at the QB spot for the 17 season.
    Hopefully 2

Brandon Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Brandon Harris.
    Wouldn't suprised me

11. Default Re: Luke Johnson: Cajuns are close, but they won't turn the corner until they get better at QB

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Boomer likes to think way outside of the box just opened. In fact, I'm pretty sure while he's opening a gift box under the Christmas tree, he'll immediately start testing the secondary sexual characteristics of the box on the other side of the tree. It's just a Boomer thing. But he's our Boomer!
    ---The one that has been proven to be correct on multiple topics on this board---and yes even the maturation process of the athlete that was profiled!!! Now as we come to the end of another year, maybe we can get the fight song melody sound corrected!!! lol

Ahh Boomer. our resident pediatrician and jazz pianist.

Last edited by Jeaux; December 20th, 2016 at 01:08 am. Reason: Can't believe I put pediatrician and pianist in the same sentence. There's a joke in there somewhere.

Stupid question about O-linemen.what size should they be? Sounds like the Tackles, especially mom-blindside should be 310 lbs range. Guards and centers should be 285 - 290 lbs becuase they tend to Pull or run block more. I would also ause that you want a blindside Tackle to be more quick and agile than heavy since he needs to adjust on the block during pass rush.Boomer? Basin Bear? You got some insight? I want compare the optimum size with what we have and are recruiting any o-linemen can be considered highly recruited if he obliterates d-linemen in the HIGH SCHOOL game that may be undersized but what's he going to do in the College game against a guy that's 270 - 285 lbs and can get in the back field on the first move?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Stupid question about O-linemen.what size should they be? Sounds like the Tackles, especially mom-blindside should be 310 lbs range. Guards and centers should be 285 - 290 lbs becuase they tend to Pull or run block more. I would also ause that you want a blindside Tackle to be more quick and agile than heavy since he needs to adjust on the block during pass rush.Boomer? Basin Bear? You got some insight? I want compare the optimum size with what we have and are recruiting any o-linemen can be considered highly recruited if he obliterates d-linemen in the HIGH SCHOOL game that may be undersized but what's he going to do in the College game against a guy that's 270 - 285 lbs and can get in the back field on the first move?
    I don't think there is any right answer or optimum weight, height/weight ratio and different people carry weight differently. Hip movement and footwork are more important IMO. Our OT's aren't overweight they just aren't real agile. I think it was Oregon that would put their lineman in yoga classes in the offseason and they had 6'6 300 plus guys doing back bends

Tom Brahany was a center for Oklahoma and an All-American at 6'2" 245 lbs and parlayed that into a 9 yr career with the St. Cardinals. Jay Hilgenberg of the Bears was 6'3" 250 lbs and a 7-time Pro Bowler. His brother Joel Hilgenberg, who played for the Saints in the 80's, played center and both guard positions. Same thing with Jesse Sapolu of the 49ers at 278 lbs. so I see a pattern on size.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information