Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coaching Carousel 2016

Default Re: Coaching Carousel 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    More importantly for us, could Hudspeth be a serious candidate for any of the openings?

Nope.

Hud is here until a new AD relieves him of his duties

3. UL Football Re: Coaching Carousel 2016

Quote Originally Posted by angeleast View Post
    Hud is here until a new AD relieves him of his duties
    I think you're absolutely correct. If the new AD decides to keep Hud his income should be far more reflective of his on field and graduation rates. Should be more like a restaurant gratuity. Every meal matters, every season matters. Don't like it, goodbye.

As for Taggert, he will completely fail at Oregon. The ducks had a distinctive advantage at one time of being the innovator of uniforms, courts, basic flashy gadgets that youngsters today are attracted to. But EVERYONE does it now. Oregon's problem is that Chris Peterson(Washington) has awoken a sleeping giant and is taking the few recruits that region has. I'm not expecting the ducks to become a also ran but I dont see them being anything more than a mediocre team who has moments of exceeding expectations. The pac version of Miss St.

5. UL Football Re: Coaching Carousel 2016

As for Taggert, he will completely fail at Oregon. The ducks had a distinctive advantage at one time of being the innovator of uniforms, courts, basic flashy gadgets that youngsters today are attracted to. But EVERYONE does it now. Oregon's problem is that Chris Peterson(Washington) has awoken a sleeping giant and is taking the few recruits that region has. I'm not expecting the ducks to become a also ran but I dont see them being anything more than a mediocre team who has moments of exceeding expectations. The pac version of Miss St.
    When you've got billionaires pushing your brand you'll never be Mississppi State long term.

Wouldn't be surprised if Idaho and Troy's coaches get serious looks.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Would you hire Hud if you were some of these programs? I would not hire him, I'm not sure I even want to keep him.
    If you were in charge of hiring a new coach at another mid-major (or even low range P5), would you hire a guy who has taken one of the worst programs in the country (historically) to 5 bowls in 6 years? Of course you would.

They have the money to recruit nationwide and have over the years. He could do well there, time will tell.

If you were in charge of hiring a new coach at another mid-major (or even low range P5), would you hire a guy who has taken one of the worst programs in the country (historically) to 5 bowls in 6 years? Of course you would.
    Gotta think the vacated wins hurt, but you are correct. If we win this bowl game and have good season next year, Huds name will be popping up again.

Exactly! And I'm sure if there are offers, Hud will be listening. Hud maybe be thinking, now is a good time to get while the gettin is good.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronCajun View Post
    Exactly! And I'm sure if there are offers, Hud will be listening. Hud maybe be thinking, now is a good time to get while the gettin is good.
    Yep. 5 bowls (and hopefully 5 wins) in 6 years is a percentage that will never be significantly bettered.

His stock was highest after year 4. Moving forward, his stock will likely never be higher than it is today. If his agent is worth anything, Hudspeth knows this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    When you've got billionaires pushing your brand you'll never be Mississppi State long term.
    Yep. When you have that Nike money you are set in athletics. The other schools are all doing it now too, but I bet you if they want something from Nike, Nike will tell them no until they give it to Oregon first.

Nike will always allow Oregon to do the new fad things first, before other schools are doing it.

ORego has 10mil to play with towards a new coach they can reach out to just about anyone with that type of cash

Something y'all don't realize is that Sexton runs college football coaching.

Hopefully Hud doesn't leave. I couldn't imagine searching for an AD and a Football coach at the same time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information